Gravely/Ariens Owner Check-In --- Read This First!

Crustyoldcurmudgeon

Forum Newbie
Threads
GREETINGS to all Gravely & Ariens mower owners! 👍

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your mower (that is, if your mower have a name 😆). maybe attach a photo or two of your mower and show off your pride and joy.

Also, if you haven't done so already you can upload a user avatar (picture under your user name). You can do so by clicking on settings and "edit avatar" or just click here.

Please be helpful and friendly to all other Gravely/Ariens owners (how could you not, right?) and if you like this forum, tell your friends about it. :biggrin:

We want to make this the best resource for Gravely/Ariens mower owners, and to do that we need your help! Questions? Experiences? Stories? Data? Photos? Articles? Links? Cool Gravely/Ariens stuff? Post it here!

Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them.
Hello all.
My mower is a Gravely ZTX42 purchased new around 2017. The mover has approximately 165 hours on it.

Ocoee

Forum Newbie
Threads

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your mower (that is, if your mower have a name 😆). maybe attach a photo or two of your mower and show off your pride and joy.

Also, if you haven't done so already you can upload a user avatar (picture under your user name). You can do so by clicking on settings and "edit avatar" or just click here.

Please be helpful and friendly to all other Gravely/Ariens owners (how could you not, right?) and if you like this forum, tell your friends about it. :biggrin:

We want to make this the best resource for Gravely/Ariens mower owners, and to do that we need your help! Questions? Experiences? Stories? Data? Photos? Articles? Links? Cool Gravely/Ariens stuff? Post it here!

Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them.
Tom, Airens zoom 60. fyi, had trouble registering. After filling everything in, the register now button was covered by google ad at the bottom that I could not get rid off. Reduced view size to 75% and then I could use register now button.

Ocoee

Forum Newbie
Threads

How long does it take for post to show if I am new? I see my reply here, but my post is not showing.

Vmax1

Forum Newbie
Threads

New to the Forum, 2021 Gravely Pro-Turn 660 w/Kawasaki FX1000V engine.

trukman1

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Gravely/Ariens Owner Check-In --- Read This First!
Hello everyone, My name is Gary and I just purchased an Ariens EZR 1742 (915013) mower from my neighbor. He has a habit of buying mowers that he thinks his friend can fix and so far he's 0 for 0. I just bought it because he's a good neighbor and I'm tired of seeing him get screwed.

His friend cut the pigtail off the wiring harness that went to the PTO switch and installed a simple i/o toggle switch in it's place and butchered the wiring to the start switch. I believe I have the start switch wiring figured out. Just want to be sure I wire the PTO switch right.

I found a schematic online but the switch has a-b-c on one side and 3-COM's on the other and I'm not sure which side the brown and yellow goes to. If I can find that out, I can be sure to wire it correctly. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm a retired maintenance Manager with 10-years experience in the maintenance field but I have trouble getting my brain to work now. Been paralyzed for 25 years and the meds I'm on keep me in brain fog. This stuff used to be easy but I struggle with simple things now. I can't even ride this mower but my other neighbor cuts my grass for me and wanted to try a zero turn so I bought this hoping to get it back on the grass.

Thanks again. I hope to learn a lot here and , hopefully, be able to contribute someday.

ETA: Clarification since original post didn't make sense when I reread it.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / Gravely/Ariens Owner Check-In --- Read This First!
Once again
Please post this on a new thread not tacked onto the end of 31 pages of welcome & introduction posts
the second navigation bar ( white with green text ) has a tab "post new topic " on the far right side.
Please use it

2004-44Z

Forum Newbie
Threads

Hello, I'm Salomon. I have a 2004 Gravely 44Z, 17HP Kawasaki engine. 1015 hours of operation after 19 years on an acre lot. 65 years old and am planning on keeping this mower another 19 years.(God willing I live that long) . Glad to find this forum . Thanks.

starman19

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi. I have a 2019 Ariens Edge 52. This is my first zero turn lawn mower. I'm still learning how to drive this thing but so far I'm doing okay and every day I'm learning a little more about this Beast...lol.

Attachments

• 20230505_170859.jpg
    20230505_170859.jpg
    914.3 KB · Views: 1

DaveCielo1876

Forum Newbie
Threads

DaveCielo1876

Forum Newbie
Threads
Good evening. I just purchased a Gravely Professional 16! It came with a snow blade but what I really need is a 30 inch brush hog for the quick-release fitting! Does anyone have one for sale?!!
I live in western Colorado but am okay with reasonable drives to acquire what I need. The grass is well over 3 feet high so the sooner the better with the brush hog!
Okay, I really have not named equipment, but we can call our Gravely Reddy because that is what I want him to be soon! Thank y'all! D.