Gravely/Ariens Owner Check-In --- Read This First!

jonbo

Forum Newbie
Threads
GREETINGS to all Gravely & Ariens mower owners! ?

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your mower (that is, if your mower have a name ?). maybe attach a photo or two of your mower and show off your pride and joy.

Also, if you haven't done so already you can upload a user avatar (picture under your user name). You can do so by clicking on settings and "edit avatar" or just click here.

Please be helpful and friendly to all other Gravely/Ariens owners (how could you not, right?) and if you like this forum, tell your friends about it. :biggrin:

We want to make this the best resource for Gravely/Ariens mower owners, and to do that we need your help! Questions? Experiences? Stories? Data? Photos? Articles? Links? Cool Gravely/Ariens stuff? Post it here!

Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them.
Greetings one & all from the Sunshine State Jonbo is the name and I am pleased to make Ya'lls acquaintance. I am the owner of a 2019 ProTurn Z52

GaHotBoi

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello All from Augusta, GA,

Just upgraded from a Poulan Pro to a new Ikon XD 52 with Kawasaki zero turn..my first zero turn. I'm going through most of these posts to check what all i can do to keep my mower in shape. Look forward to hearing advice from you all, thanks in advance.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hello All from Augusta, GA,

Just upgraded from a Poulan Pro to a new Ikon XD 52 with Kawasaki zero turn..my first zero turn. I'm going through most of these posts to check what all i can do to keep my mower in shape. Look forward to hearing advice from you all, thanks in advance.
Read your operators manual.
Follow the maintenance schedule outlined in your operators manual.
Before each operation, check your oil and top up if needed.
Use a leaf blower to get the debris off of your mower before putting it away. Pay extra attention to the engine area.
Air up your tires to the proper pressure then, level and pitch the deck as outlined in your manual. It will probably be out of specifications.
Keep your blades sharp. Use Ariens/Gravely OEM blades or direct replacements made by Stens, Rotary, or Oregon. I’ve found that Gator type blades aren’t all that great. They are okay for fall cleanup.
Inspect your belts periodically. Replace if there are any cracks or chunks missing. I keep a spare on hand.
I might have missed something.

Last edited:

GaHotBoi

Forum Newbie
Threads
Read your operators manual.
Follow the maintenance schedule outlined in your operators manual.
Before each operation, check your oil and top up if needed.
Use a leaf blower to get the debris off of your mower before putting it away. Pay extra attention to the engine area.
Air up your tires to the proper pressure then, level and pitch the deck as outlined in your manual. It will probably be out of specifications.
Keep your blades sharp. Use Ariens/Gravely OEM blades or direct replacements made by Stens, Rotary, or Oregon. I’ve found that Gator type blades aren’t all that great. They are okay for fall cleanup.
Inspect your belts periodically. Replace if there are any cracks or chunks missing. I keep a spare on hand.
I might have missed something.
Thanks for the feed back, will do!

jasilby

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello, new to this forum, but have already found some great posts. I have a Gravely ZT HD 52 & it’s been work horse.

nicko99

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello from Cypress TX.. Just registered to this forum.
Already browsing some good posts relating to my sputtering/dying ZT HD 60.

-Nick

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hello from Cypress TX.. Just registered to this forum.
Already browsing some good posts relating to my sputtering/dying ZT HD 60.

-Nick
Tell us how old your mower is.

TMarl

Forum Newbie
Threads
GREETINGS to all Gravely & Ariens mower owners! ?

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your mower (that is, if your mower have a name ?). maybe attach a photo or two of your mower and show off your pride and joy.

Also, if you haven't done so already you can upload a user avatar (picture under your user name). You can do so by clicking on settings and "edit avatar" or just click here.

Please be helpful and friendly to all other Gravely/Ariens owners (how could you not, right?) and if you like this forum, tell your friends about it. :biggrin:

We want to make this the best resource for Gravely/Ariens mower owners, and to do that we need your help! Questions? Experiences? Stories? Data? Photos? Articles? Links? Cool Gravely/Ariens stuff? Post it here!

Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them.
TMarl,
We own a Gravely 260 Z Commercial Zero Turn

Ida-Boy

Threads
A bit premature maybe but I am going to look at a ZT HD 52" ttoday. I will be mowing 1.77 acres and a 500' plus driveway edge. Coming from a Grasshopper of 20 year plus service I ask will I be happy with this new machine? Haven't seen much on how to improve the ride.

bullet bob

Threads
Going up against a grasshopper might be pretty tough. My neighbor traded in his belly-mount 'hopper for a beautiful Ferris 2100 several years ago....still regrets it