Gravel Driveway

A

AmericanTurf

They don't sell round-up anymore? Lol

Bomba

Threads
They don't sell round-up anymore? Lol

Haha! Yeah but that stuff is expensive and I've got a long driveway. I'm about to order some gravel for it in a few weeks and I wanna make sure I've sprayed before they por the gravel on it.

mullins87

Threads
Unless you're cheaper than I am, which is saying a lot, Tractor Supply has "Pronto" brand "Big-N-Tuf" in a 2.5 gallon container for $39.95. It is a higher concentrate than what you'll get at any big box store, 41% I think. I apply it to grass and weeds at a rate of 1 oz. per gallon of water. I have a 55 acre farm and one container will last me all year.

mowerman05

Threads
how long does it take for the weeds to die off using the pronto? been thinking of trying it myselfbut was unsure if it was any good.

Bomba

Threads
Unless you're cheaper than I am, which is saying a lot, Tractor Supply has "Pronto" brand "Big-N-Tuf" in a 2.5 gallon container for $39.95. It is a higher concentrate than what you'll get at any big box store, 41% I think. I apply it to grass and weeds at a rate of 1 oz. per gallon of water. I have a 55 acre farm and one container will last me all year.

Thanks for that. I was in Tractor Supply yesterday actually, looking at the cub cadet mower with front caster wheels. I'll try the Pronto. 55 acres? Wow!

mullins87

Threads
The Pronto is exactly the same thing as Roundup, only without the brand name price tag. If you'll compare the labels, the active ingredient is glyphosate in both products. The concentration that I get at Tractor Supply is 41%. Click the link below for a .pdf on it from the manufacturer.

www.pbigordon.com/pdfs/ProntoBigNTuf-SL.pdf

How quickly the weeds die are a function of how much product you mix with water. If you need a quick burn down, then mix 3 oz. per gallon to kill within a few days. However, when you do that, the weed will die so fast the glyphosate won't have sufficient time to reach the roots and kill them. Therefore, the weed will come back much quicker. It may seem counterintuitive, but mixing less product, like 1 oz. per gallon, will give you better results. It will take a couple of weeks for the weeds to start dying, but the roots will be dead by the time the weed is and it won't come back for at least a couple of months. And another thing, don't mow the weeds after you've sprayed them. Doing so will cut the sprayed upper part of the weed off the lower unsprayed part, wasting your time and money. If you want it to look nice and mowed, do so before you spray. Also, don't soak the weeds, you're only wasting product there as well. The weeds only need a light mist on them.

Bomba

Threads
The Pronto is exactly the same thing as Roundup, only without the brand name price tag. If you'll compare the labels, the active ingredient is glyphosate in both products. The concentration that I get at Tractor Supply is 41%. Click the link below for a .pdf on it from the manufacturer.

www.pbigordon.com/pdfs/ProntoBigNTuf-SL.pdf

How quickly the weeds die are a function of how much product you mix with water. If you need a quick burn down, then mix 3 oz. per gallon to kill within a few days. However, when you do that, the weed will die so fast the glyphosate won't have sufficient time to reach the roots and kill them. Therefore, the weed will come back much quicker. It may seem counterintuitive, but mixing less product, like 1 oz. per gallon, will give you better results. It will take a couple of weeks for the weeds to start dying, but the roots will be dead by the time the weed is and it won't come back for at least a couple of months. And another thing, don't mow the weeds after you've sprayed them. Doing so will cut the sprayed upper part of the weed off the lower unsprayed part, wasting your time and money. If you want it to look nice and mowed, do so before you spray. Also, don't soak the weeds, you're only wasting product there as well. The weeds only need a light mist on them.

That is sooo helpful! Thank you. That will save me time and money. Is Mullins you last name? It's an Irish name.

mullins87

Threads
That is sooo helpful! Thank you. That will save me time and money. Is Mullins you last name? It's an Irish name.

Thanks, I'm only relaying what I've been told by some local farmers and then proven by my experience using their advice. Yes, it is an Irish name. My mother is Scottish, so I can only imagine what a family reunion might be like in the "old country."

Bomba

Threads
Thanks, I'm only relaying what I've been told by some local farmers and then proven by my experience using their advice. Yes, it is an Irish name. My mother is Scottish, so I can only imagine what a family reunion might be like in the "old country."

Hah yes lol! I'm from Ireland. Moved here 7 years ago. My neighbors name was Mullins.

Threads
The Gly-4 I mentioned I have accidentally killed 15ft tall trees with it if you have it in your local TSC. I always double mixed what the instructions say to give it more kill power dont spray it on a windy day though.