Grasshopper pto belt problem

axmanjay

Forum Newbie
Hi all! I recently had to replace my pto belts and the tensioner barely puts any pressure on the belts at all. The deck will start spinning but as soon as it touches grass it will stop and the belts slip. I can't see any type of adjustment here, what am I missing??
Grasshopper 721

Puzzled in IL
 
Disclaimer - I'm not familiar with the Grasshopper -- sounds like you may have the wrong (too long) belt or it may be threaded incorrectly -- again -- I'm just making a guess.
 
BKBrown has my initial thoughts... also check that the tensioner is functioning correctly. Are all the pulleys in good shape? KennyV
 
BKBrown has my initial thoughts... also check that the tensioner is functioning correctly. Are all the pulleys in good shape? KennyV

Both are logical assumptions, but all is correct, leaning towards a blown pillow block bearing. Thanks for taking the time to answer!
 
Back
Top