Grasshopper Hydro Pump Problem

CajunCub

Threads
The manifold is a bank of hydroic controls...as a mechanic, I worked on alot of back hoes & that is what the line of control levers are called, I just called it that out of habbit. So, the valve is what I was talking about.
If you turned the pump, and fluid came out....look to another problem like the fluid motor it's turning or the cylinder that won't work, ect. Maybe the pump is ok....but yes, you could take it and have it rebuilt locally.

ghop1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks! Your thoughts gave me another idea. Since the drive belt only turns the pump in one direction, I'm going to loosen it and try turning the pump it in the opposite direction to see what that does.

If there is an obstruction, maybe that will dislodge it.

ghop1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Took the bypass plug completely out. Started the engine and a little fluid came out then stopped. I'm thinking obstruction or dirt somewhere.

What do you think?

CajunCub

Threads
Check the tank....maybe some kind of blockage in it.

ghop1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Took the pump completely off and apart AGAIN!:mad:

Cleaned it, blew all holes out with air compressor, re-installed and YIPEE! I was mowing in the rain! No problem for the HOPPER!:thumbsup:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Took the pump completely off and apart AGAIN!:mad:

Cleaned it, blew all holes out with air compressor, re-installed and YIPEE! I was mowing in the rain! No problem for the HOPPER!:thumbsup:

GOOD to hear you are mowing again... :smile:KennyV

CajunCub

Threads
GOOD....Glad you got it fixed!:thumbsup: See you just hang in there with a problem.

Grass mower 25

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a grasshopper zero turn mower. It will dont back up with left side. But will go when push the left side.