Grasshopper 932 72" or ferris is2100z 61"

beddy85

Threads
I know these are two very different mowers, but heres where I'm at. I'm trying to decide between a used 2015 932 grasshopper with 150hrs, suspension seat, and 72" deck, or a brand new is2100z ferris, 28hp wifi oil guard, suspension seat and 61" cut. I have the grasshopper in the equation due to the fact I need something for snow removal and like the other attachments I could potentially add, or do I spend less and get the ferris and buy a cheaper older garden tractor for snow removal. I have demoed a jd z930m, grasshopper 930d, the is2100z with a carb 26hp, exmark lazer z e series, hustler super z, husqvarna, bobcat predator pro, gravely pro turn, and a walker MB. All those mowers were demoed on my property pretty much in a 2 week span on my property. Although each had their advantages and disadvantages in my opinion. I narrowed it down to the grasshopper do to the versatility, but if I go midmount the ferris won me over by far due to its ride and comfort. Now I'm just stuck on which way to go!! Anyone have any input on this situation?? Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Just gonna throw this out as another option.

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
I wouldn't use a hydro mower for show plowing, and I'd go with the new mower. If I could master the ZT I'd be looking at the Ferris to replace my old JD L130.

beddy85

Threads
I wouldn't use a hydro mower for show plowing, and I'd go with the new mower. If I could master the ZT I'd be looking at the Ferris to replace my old JD L130.
I would be using a snowthrower on the grasshopper, but if I buy a machine for just mowing it will be hands down the ferris. I've done several hrs of demos on my property and the ferris was far and above more comfortable than the other midmounts I ran.

beddy85

Threads
Just gonna throw this out as another option.
Thanks for the feedback, I can see how that grandstand would be very handy. I'm strictly looking at grasshopper for the fact I can add a cab in the future.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Without getting too far off topic, it's really not hard to master a ZT.