Repairs grasshopper 721D shutting down

5119andygsh

Forum Newbie
Threads
I mow for half an hour and the engine starts missing now and then and abruptly shuts down. the 21 hp Kubuto has 1300 hours new filters and the fuel line is clear so I can see no bubbles. I've checked for loose conectioons have got fresh fuel. Good temperature readings. When its running it is strong but quits and I wait a couple minutes and go back to cutting for 15 to 20 minutes, repeat. Could it be the fuel soleinoid?

173abn

Threads
if you don't have air leaks then the soleinoid would be my next item to troubleshoot....russ

5119andygsh

Forum Newbie
Threads
if you don't have air leaks then the soleinoid would be my next item to troubleshoot....russ

Thank you for the reply 173ABN. I'll check it. When I figure out what the problem is I'll post it.

Rollrite

Forum Newbie
Threads
I mow for half an hour and the engine starts missing now and then and abruptly shuts down. the 21 hp Kubuto has 1300 hours new filters and the fuel line is clear so I can see no bubbles. I've checked for loose conectioons have got fresh fuel. Good temperature readings. When its running it is strong but quits and I wait a couple minutes and go back to cutting for 15 to 20 minutes, repeat. Could it be the fuel soleinoid?

I have the same problem with my 722d that is a 2005 with 850 hours so it you find out what the problem is please let me know and I will do the same. Thanks , this is my email rollrite@msn.com

MBDiagMan

Threads
Are you sure that there is no fungus in the tank. There is a fungus that grows in diesel fuel and can cause strange problems. It shows up as grey, soft particles about the size of a BB. There is a product called "Biogard" that will kill it.

Hope this helps.

Rollrite

Forum Newbie
Threads
Are you sure that there is no fungus in the tank. There is a fungus that grows in diesel fuel and can cause strange problems. It shows up as grey, soft particles about the size of a BB. There is a product called "Biogard" that will kill it.

Hope this helps.

I will try anything at this point, Thank you very much for the info.

bobbysr

Threads
My Kubota 25hp gas had a simular issue. It was the fuel shut off soleinoid. Not sure what the diesel one looks like, but on mine, its 2 small wire going into the bottom of the carb. The connections were corroded. If I turned the key on, (but not start mower), I wiggled the wire and could hear & feel it shutting off. I've seen diesel soleinoids on ebay for around $70.

5119andygsh

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you for the reply 173ABN. I'll check it. When I figure out what the problem is I'll post it.

by passed seat safty switch and no more hiccups. ordering a new switch 13.00 bucks

Rollrite

Forum Newbie
Threads
It is not shutting down like when you get up off the seat, it is slowly powering down and then it return to normal high RPM's. Seems like it maybe getting air in the line but it doesn't do it all the time. I have changed all of the filters,

JUST4FUN

Threads
Check the fuel pick up tube . Remove the fuel line then unscrew the pickup tube and see if the tube is blocked with grass