Grass Trimmer

I used to have a gas trimmer and the maintnce for it is such a hassle. I put a lot of money into fixing it myself. I just got fed up and bought a Worx lithium powered 24 v trimmer/ edger. I love it. Granted its not for heavy duty areas ,but I just use it around the house and rock beds. It's great
 
A curved shaft will spin the head clockwise and the straight shaft will spin it counterclockwise.
As a rule it takes less power to spin the straight shaft head.

I use both. I like the curved shaft for around the house and fence as the head turns clockwise it throws the grass away from me.

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))

Carscw,
Is that really true about the clock wise versus ccw? I honestly never knew that. Even at 63 I learn something new everyday. One thing that I learned awhile ago with trimmers is that you definitely get what you pay for. My first trimmer, purchased about 30 years ago was a two stroke made in Arizona of all places (I can't remember the name of it). It was inexpensive, heavy, loud, and vibrated like crazy, but it lasted about ten years. Then, I went through a series of cheap two and four stroke machines which I could never keep going for more than a few years at best. Finally, about three years ago, I threw them all out and bought a $250 Husqvarna (can't recall the model off hand). I absolutely love it! It is my first straight shaft, and I like it better than the curved. It starts up great, even after the winter.
Thanks,
Bruce
 
Carscw,
Is that really true about the clock wise versus ccw? I honestly never knew that. Even at 63 I learn something new everyday. One thing that I learned awhile ago with trimmers is that you definitely get what you pay for. My first trimmer, purchased about 30 years ago was a two stroke made in Arizona of all places (I can't remember the name of it). It was inexpensive, heavy, loud, and vibrated like crazy, but it lasted about ten years. Then, I went through a series of cheap two and four stroke machines which I could never keep going for more than a few years at best. Finally, about three years ago, I threw them all out and bought a $250 Husqvarna (can't recall the model off hand). I absolutely love it! It is my first straight shaft, and I like it better than the curved. It starts up great, even after the winter.
Thanks,
Bruce

Yes this is the rule for MOST but for all.

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))
 
Carscw,
Is that really true about the clock wise versus ccw? I honestly never knew that. Even at 63 I learn something new everyday. One thing that I learned awhile ago with trimmers is that you definitely get what you pay for. My first trimmer, purchased about 30 years ago was a two stroke made in Arizona of all places (I can't remember the name of it). It was inexpensive, heavy, loud, and vibrated like crazy, but it lasted about ten years. Then, I went through a series of cheap two and four stroke machines which I could never keep going for more than a few years at best. Finally, about three years ago, I threw them all out and bought a $250 Husqvarna (can't recall the model off hand). I absolutely love it! It is my first straight shaft, and I like it better than the curved. It starts up great, even after the winter.
Thanks,
Bruce

The reason this is, is because a curved shaft has a direct connection with the drive shaft and spins the same direction as the motor, while a straight shaft has a geared connection with the rotating cutter head, at an angle, spinning in reverse of the motor.

My suggestion is to go with a split boom type, usually a curved shaft, and for edging, the shaft can be turned 90 degrees in either direction., or just get the edging attachment. There are advantages to having multiple attachments. I've used a blower attachment to blow light, dry snow.
 
I've had a load of el cheapos over the years and finally bought a Husqvarna. Good unit.

One thing that may pay you back dividends is always to use fuel additive to compensate for the corrosive effect of cheap gas/ethanol. Most of my little Toros and so forth died from ethanol poisoning. Use stabil or some other fuel stabilizing additive so the engine doesn't get beat up with corrosion so much.
 
Back
Top