grass is still growing in florida

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
You guys are funny. You talk about Florida like it's some high society place, all kinds of money floating around. You talk about Naples being a higher social status? Nice Cars and houses? That's funny. If you want to see all that your on the wrong coast dude. Try living from Daytona south to Miami, that's the fast life and where all the money is at. Try the Palm Beach area if you want to see cars, money and a higher social status. The west coast money is for wannabe money people.
Yeah you can live on the coast of Florida most any where and and see nice Cars and nice Homes but that's not the real Florida, you want to see the real stuff just move inland. I lived in a town where there is one convenient store and that was it. Right now its population as of 2012 was 1892 people. I've been in places in Florida where they still use outhouses.
The problem is the people that come to Florida and go the these high society places and assume the whole state is the same. They see what they want to see, talk bout how expensive it is to live here and complain about prices, they don't see the real Florida.

Then in the summer they go back up north and brag to us about it then repeat it every winter. The type of people that surly wouldn't use a outhouse.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Then in the summer they go back up north and brag to us about it then repeat it every winter. The type of people that surly wouldn't use a outhouse.

Yeah, the typical yankee. People that wouldn't use an outhouse:smile: If they ever ended up in a place with outhouses they would probably never be heard from again. :laughing:

zmister11

Threads
Yeah, the typical yankee. People that wouldn't use an outhouse:smile: If they ever ended up in a place with outhouses they would probably never be heard from again. :laughing:

Haha true!

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads

Now come on. A true older yankee knows what a outhouse is. -20 degrees with a strong wind, been and done that. Like I said Google earth Reynoldston NY. Canada sends that cold air down our way. I would think anyone in there 70's and 80's had used a out house in there life time along with the weekly bath with water heated on the wood stove if they lived on a farm. I know it was in the 50's when my father put our bathroom in with a bath tub. Nothing like modern times with indoor pluming and a daily shower with all the hot water you want. Now my parents came from Holland as children so I don't know what it was like over there, they never talked about it.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Now come on. A true older yankee knows what a outhouse is. -20 degrees with a strong wind, been and done that. Like I said Google earth Reynoldston NY. Canada sends that cold air down our way. I would think anyone in there 70's and 80's had used a out house in there life time along with the weekly bath with water heated on the wood stove if they lived on a farm. I know it was in the 50's when my father put our bathroom in with a bath tub. Nothing like modern times with indoor pluming and a daily shower with all the hot water you want. Now my parents came from Holland as children so I don't know what it was like over there, they never talked about it.

It's not the fact they or people don't know what they are, it's the fact they are still using them in more places than you can imagine.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
It's not the fact they or people don't know what they are, it's the fact they are still using them in more places than you can imagine.

I did away with my outhouse and the plastic bag portable showers at my camp in the middle 90's. There are a lot of back country camps, everyday houses, and roads in this north country without electric or telephone service so with that all comes the outhouse. My camp now even has high speed internet now, people adapt. Now I would dare to bet money not one outhouse in the retirement community down there in Florida not that I am there to prove it, just a lot of bicycles. Now up her in the north country people seem to save things in their front and side yards, like old junk cars, appliances, mowers, and a lot of children plastic toys, with a lot of goats and chickens making a lot of poop.