Governor Qualcast Classic 35s

booveedoo

Forum Newbie
Hi. I was given a Qualcast Classic 35s lawnmover and duly took it to be serviced as it was over revving as soon as throttle applied.
I was told the internal governor wheel was broke and too much labour involved. So, took it home and got to it. Now, I`ve taken crankcase off, but can`t see anything wrong with it? Any ideas what I can do to test it? It rotates freely, and the arms come out when turned quickly. But, looks ok except for slight chip on one on the arms. What do you think?
 

Attachments

  • 20220505_151424_1.jpg
    20220505_151424_1.jpg
    562.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 20220505_151502_1.jpg
    20220505_151502_1.jpg
    357.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 20220505_151526_1.jpg
    20220505_151526_1.jpg
    356.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 20220505_151745_1.jpg
    20220505_151745_1.jpg
    293.1 KB · Views: 8
most likely the governor just needed adjusted... that is the first step to take when an engine is overspeeding. and can be done without tearing down the engine
 
most likely the governor just needed adjusted... that is the first step to take when an engine is overspeeding. and can be done without tearing down the engine
Ok. Seems correct to me. Adjust the outside first, but why would a reputable service centre say such a thing? If I`d have said yes, do you think they`d have charged me the strip down, and then just do the adjust as you say. Didn`t mind stripping it down as I`ve got time on my hands anyway. But just to be sure, internals look ok?
 
Back
Top