Got to buy a String Trimmer

Since my 15 year old Stihl string trimmer got wrapped around an Oak tree this mornHing it doesn't start anymore. It ran well for several years and then it was having to go to the shop for something all the time.

I finally had all I could take.:confused2: My temper is short in high heat and humidity and I'm not going to spend too much time pulling on and cussing a trimmer.

Looking through Consumer Reports for info on buying a new trimmer I see that although Husqvarna and Stihl are always the highest rated chain saws, the opinions on their trimmers aren't too impressive.

Consumer Reports ranks the Stihls highly but the reviews written by folks like us say that Stihl trimmers continually have carb problems and none of the Husky trimmers are even thought to be good enough to be in the top 10 of gas powered trimmers.

I do see a lot of good reviews on Echo trimmers and think that I'll probably be looking for one as my next trimmer. They are priced about the same as the competiton.

Any advice/experience on Echo Trimmers would be appreciated.

Thanks, Rip
has anyone seen the Honda String trimmer where the gas doesn't need to be mixed ? Has anyone heard goo or bad on them ???
 
Best String Trimmer is a Kawasaki staight shaft..........4,000 hours of use......beat that......original motor..........thats the beast you need........over 20 years old.
 
Tractor John said:
Redmax, I have a 4 stroke Redmax (discontinued model) 7-8 years old that will not die. still running all original parts other than string. every Stihl other than their saws and backpack blowers have had carb. problems. Echo's are good, but parts are expensive.

Yeah echo parts are expensive because kioritz engine parts are expensive to ship from japan haha.
 
Bought an Echo GT-225 early last summer. Would have bought a straight shaft model had I known then what I know now. Great machine so far, very powerful, will definitely buy Echo products in the future.
 
Woody71 said:
Bought an Echo GT-225 early last summer. Would have bought a straight shaft model had I known then what I know now. Great machine so far, very powerful, will definitely buy Echo products in the future.

Yeah the big box brand echo models are the GT models with a flexible drive shaft and are commonly curved shaft The pro models start with SRM rather than GT. SRM models are generally straight shaft with a solid drive shaft and more for heavy duty use.
 
I've got a 23 yr. old Echo curved shaft trimmer that is still chugging along. I've used Amsoil 100:1 in it since new. I might be misinformed, but I believe Echo owns Shindaiwa now. I've heard great things about the Shindaiwa line, but do not personally own any of their products.
 
Back
Top