got me a MZ5225ZT

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads

a vid of how I did the trailer hitch on my mower

Just a bit of constructive-oriented advice. I would be very careful about how much "weight" you pull using that ZTR. It is my understanding that even with commercial-grade Hydro-Gear ZT-3100 trannies that these type of transmissions(hydros) are NOT designed to or recommended for pulling a real heavy load. I'd hate to see you post back that you were hauling 500lbs of stuff on the trailer in that video and the trannies both "died" and most likely(if the dealer knew why) would NOT be covered under the Husqvarna warranty. Have you read your owner's manual or contacted Husqvarna/your dealer about limitations on that ZTR for hauling stuff???
Just sayin:0(

Parkmower

Threads
Enjoyed the vid. But I too was a little scared when I saw you pulling the big trailer. But it's your mower....

Threads
Enjoyed the vid. But I too was a little scared when I saw you pulling the big trailer. But it's your mower....

As a Husqvarna technician i am also concerned about what you are towing around, these are fantastic mowers for cutting grass but they won't handle towing heavy loads for too long & the previous post about the trans oil resevoir being empty is a concern also, your dealer should have checked that on the pre delivery check list & also purged both transmissions of air before delivery, thats why the tank was empty- as the trans was operated, air in the hydraulic system was finally purged out allowing the rest of the oil in the tank to flow in to the trans,

blainenbecky

Threads

thanks for the advice guys ,I am convinced I should not use the larger trailer shown in the video any longer
but I think I will leave the trailer hitch on the mower as I have 2 small yard trailers with the ball type hitch mount that I can used with it.

but now I have a question about air in the hydro's
what are the signs of having air in the system ?
as sometimes my left control stick seems a little harder to move forward then the right control stick but it dose not do it all the time, in fact I only noticed it a couple times.
would that be a sign of air in the system ?
thanks again

:rolleyes:

Threads
The symptoms of a transmission suffering from trapped air could be:

noisy poeration
lack of power or drive after a short period of time
high operating temperatures

purging a hydro tramsmission is an advisable first aid step to carry out when a transmission presents itself with operational problems. Air trapped within the hydrostatic drive tranamission can have an extreme detrimental effect on the transmissions efficiency. Air's compression & expansion rates are much higher than that of the fluids typically used in hydro drive systems. A sufficient volume of air within a hydraulic system's circuit will deminish pumping & output performance.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
Awsome video review!

Husqvarna has always been mysterious to me tho when it comes to parts availability and support. I am sure they have some good products, but they just can't seem to make there parts available and it isn't the first time that I hear about it also.

PatrickInBama

Forum Newbie
Threads
So, I wonder if the parts issue is with all Husky's? What good is a $5K mower if you can't use it? I looked up this model and noticed it is discontinued. That's a scary thought. Discontinued in 8 months?