Good used deck price

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Just wondering what some of you folks would charge for a good used 50" mower deck. I found the one I need. But the guy wants $150 for it. That seems a little steep. But have heard that's actually cheap.

The mower it's going on is about 10 years old.
 
What brand? JD decks in good condition go for around 200 to 300 for the LT stuff. For a GT or bigger stuff 500 and up if in good shape. Sears Crapsman, MTD, AYP, Murray and the like about 100.
Last time i priced out just the deck shell for a 42" Crapsman it was 500 for the bare deck. By the time you added spindles, blades, wheels and a belt plus labor something like 800. Customer just bought a new cheapo mower.
 
What brand? JD decks in good condition go for around 200 to 300 for the LT stuff. For a GT or bigger stuff 500 and up if in good shape. Sears Crapsman, MTD, AYP, Murray and the like about 100.
Last time i priced out just the deck shell for a 42" Crapsman it was 500 for the bare deck. By the time you added spindles, blades, wheels and a belt plus labor something like 800. Customer just bought a new cheapo mower.

Good grief. How do you folks stay in business paying those prices? I suppose I need to jump on this deck, for $150.

Thanks for all the info, guys.
 
Back
Top