GH 932G backfires, loses power temporarily

Charles Anderson

Forum Newbie
Threads
My 932G gas grasshopper backfires & loses power going uphill. The downhill runs are fine. It coughs & slows then goes again. Any suggestions?

Forum Newbie
Threads
I had a similar problem with my 729 I changed the fuel filter and that fixed it. Before that I had some water in fuel.

bobbysr

Threads
Just a guess, but have you ever changed the distributor cap & rotor? Mine was acting up & changing these items fixed it. What year is your mower & how many hours? Newer Kubota engines have coil packs instead of caps & rotors.

Charles Anderson

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just a guess, but have you ever changed the distributor cap & rotor? Mine was acting up & changing these items fixed it. What year is your mower & how many hours? Newer Kubota engines have coil packs instead of caps & rotors.

My mower is 2002 with 950 hours with a 32hp engine. I changed the oil, oil filter & air filter recently, I think I'm going to change the fuel filter. I've never changed the distributor cap & rotor. Pretty sure my fuel is clean.

MBDiagMan

Threads
Your descriptions sounds like it's starving for gas. Since it's okay going uphill, but not down, or vice versa, float level comes to mind. As another poster indicated, a plugged up fuel filter would cause it to lean out also.

Hope this helps.

Charles Anderson

Forum Newbie
Threads
My 932G gas grasshopper backfires & loses power going uphill. The downhill runs are fine. It coughs & slows then goes again. Any suggestions?

Thanks for all the input. I "blew out" the fuel filter with compressed air & mowed just fine until I can get a new one.

Charles Anderson

Forum Newbie
Threads
So I put the new fuel filter on & the mower ran fine for 20 hours or so. Now I can mow fine on a flat or straght up & down a hill. But when my discharge side (right side) is on the uphill side, it backfires & sputters. If I turn around & mow the other direction so my discharge is blowing down the hill, then no problem. My fuel tank is full, pretty sure my gas is clean. Anybody have any ideas?

bobbysr

Threads
My 2010 - 729 would die, when the discharge chute was facing up hill. It turns out that the wires going to the fuel pump were installed too tight. So they were being stretched and breaking connection. It never did this, with the discharge chute facing down hill. My dealer didnt beleive me. Luckily , there was a hill at the dealer & it died on them while I was there.

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
So I put the new fuel filter on & the mower ran fine for 20 hours or so. Now I can mow fine on a flat or straght up & down a hill. But when my discharge side (right side) is on the uphill side, it backfires & sputters. If I turn around & mow the other direction so my discharge is blowing down the hill, then no problem. My fuel tank is full, pretty sure my gas is clean. Anybody have any ideas?

When the float in the carb is cocked a certain way it hangs up. Is the bowl on straight? or aligned in the correct direction if applicable? Some bowls have an indentation.

Charles Anderson

Forum Newbie
Threads
My 2010 - 729 would die, when the discharge chute was facing up hill. It turns out that the wires going to the fuel pump were installed too tight. So they were being stretched and breaking connection. It never did this, with the discharge chute facing down hill. My dealer didnt beleive me. Luckily , there was a hill at the dealer & it died on them while I was there.

Never heard of this but I will definitely check on it. Thanks for the response.