Get a knock when turning the key

I had two Toros and both of them had the cheapest seat safety switches imaginable. I had to jump both until I could replace them. Heck, my last one had a cheap reverse/brake switch. That was a constant headache.
Thanks for replacing the safety switches. Most people bypass them and could have problems in the future. As in serious problems.

slomo
 
I am embarassed to say this, but the blade engage knob was still out. This is the first type of mower I have used so I didn't notice it under the steering wheel. Sorry to waste your time. Too many safety systems for one thing. Thankyou.
 
No reason to be embarressed
We have all done it
I would get called out at least 5 times a season cause " the mower stopped while I was mowing & now won't start "
 
I had two Toros and both of them had the cheapest seat safety switches imaginable. I had to jump both until I could replace them. Heck, my last one had a cheap reverse/brake switch. That was a constant headache.
Most the Toro mowers uses a 12 v system through the seat switch. Just be thankful that either don't the electric brake module or that it hasn't fail. It is a very expensive part. The last one I replaced including the wiring harness failed while sitting on repair yard. It started cycling on its own and before I could the tools and disconnect the battery it release the magic smoke. My vendor didn't even want to warranty it, saying I should replace the wiring harness. I said why do you think I the harness when I ordered the module? Then okayed the replacement.
 
Most the Toro mowers uses a 12 v system through the seat switch. Just be thankful that either don't the electric brake module or that it hasn't fail. It is a very expensive part. The last one I replaced including the wiring harness failed while sitting on repair yard. It started cycling on its own and before I could the tools and disconnect the battery it release the magic smoke. My vendor didn't even want to warranty it, saying I should replace the wiring harness. I said why do you think I the harness when I ordered the module? Then okayed the replacement.
My first one (MX5000) had an electric brake module. My second one (ZX5400) didn’t.
 
Back
Top