Generators

jross

Well-Known Member
Since Sandy hit here and we spent oodles on gas for our generator, Has any one installed the propane conversion that bolts on between the air cleaner and the carb? This would allow the use of gasoline or propane. Our generator is a Generac 8000/10000, however I didn't see any kits for a generator that big, only for the one's around 5-6000 watts.
 
I am surprised that you didn't get any replies.
I have been researching the same thing but mainly because today's gasoline doesn't stay good very long. The ethanol, I assume, is the problem.
Anyway I have found several sites that sell conversions for my 19HP Briggs. I have narrowed it down to PropaneCarbs.com and Propane-Generators.com.
Good luck. Let me know how you made out.
 
Since Sandy hit here and we spent oodles on gas for our generator, Has any one installed the propane conversion that bolts on between the air cleaner and the carb? This would allow the use of gasoline or propane. Our generator is a Generac 8000/10000, however I didn't see any kits for a generator that big, only for the one's around 5-6000 watts.

Conversion kits are available. Just need to know the engine model.
 
Back
Top