Generac engines

cactusjack24

Threads
Howdy, does anyone have any experience with the generac engines that are in the Dixie Choppers. all opinions would be greatly appreciated. thank you

Uga7878

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have some. The parts can be a pain to track down without going through a Dixie chopper dealer. They are closely related to a Briggs. What are your questions about it?

cactusjack24

Threads
My search for a new mower has narrowed down to hustler with a Kawasaki or a chopper with a Generac, I had not heard of the Generac motor so I didn't know what their track record was.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
My search for a new mower has narrowed down to hustler with a Kawasaki or a chopper with a Generac, I had not heard of the Generac motor so I didn't know what their track record was.
cactusjack24,
Have you looked at threads in the Dixie Chopper brand-specific forum on here?

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Howdy, does anyone have any experience with the generac engines that are in the Dixie Choppers. all opinions would be greatly appreciated. thank you

The Generac is manufactured by Generac Power systems in Whitewater Wisconsin and they are no way affiliated with Briggs & Stratton. They make electric power generators for your homehttp://www.answerbag.com/q_view/2148618#, and RV use as well as mower engines for your business. They're probably one of the better mower engines made but there also one of the most expensive. You will not go wrong with the Dixie Chopper.

Uga7878

Forum Newbie
Threads
Anyone know where you can find a parts diagram for a generac off a Dixie chopper?

Threads
I am one to do a lot of research on things i buy. (Thats why I'm choosing a dixie chopper) but info on the Generac engine sucks, theres just not a lot of info out there on it. Im looking right now for the proper way to break in this engine. And NO info anywhere I've found. I did go in and place a order today for my 3360HP 2013 dixie. And i cannot wait to get it in. Its coming straight from Indiana too. It will be the friday after next before it is ready. I am really excited about this purchase. It was expensive, but in the end i think it will be cheaper than buying throw away motors. Personally, if this Generac 33 ever goes out, i wouldn't mind looking into finding a way to install a cummins 4BT. LOL:thumbsup:

OLBIKER

Threads
The Generac is manufactured by Generac Power systems in Whitewater Wisconsin and they are no way affiliated with Briggs & Stratton. They make electric power generators for your homehttp://www.answerbag.com/q_view/2148618#, and RV use as well as mower engines for your business. They're probably one of the better mower engines made but there also one of the most expensive. You will not go wrong with the Dixie Chopper.

You mean that in spite of the fact that Briggs & Stratton owns Generac????Generac always used Briggs engines until Briggs bought them.Briggs then moved one of its older lines to a new plant and re named it Generac.They used to be made in Waukesha Wi.So my guess is there is more than a few ties to B&S.