Engine Generac engine replacement?

gone2theriver

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello all,
I bought a 2002 XT3000 Dixie Chopper four years ago to mow the 5 acres of grass I have at home. It has the 30 Hp Generac red cover engine. I replaced the leaking sump gasket 2 years ago. The other day it blew a rod!
I have read many forums over the years about how these engines have had pours rods and a few other issues. A few posts I have read said that this eng. would never see 500 hrs. Hour meter reads 410 hrs but being I bought this mower used I have no idea if that is accurate.
My problem is I don't want another Genereac. The shaft on the bowed up engine is 1 1/4" diameter. It seems that most replacements in the same hp range are all 1 1/8" diameter. So now what? Make some kind of spacer? Try and find a new pulley? Haha! I laugh because all my calls and research have gotten me nowhere. I need some help please.

Poneykeg

Threads
You should be able to find a bushing for it ,if not a machine shop could make one.

Ogie

Forum Newbie
Threads
Have you made the decision on engine replacement yet? If so, what did you decide on? I was told that the Generac engine was built according to military specs so that makes me think it should be a great engine. Just wondering!

WISCOPROUD

Threads
the new generacs have taken care of the rod prob. you won't have this prob w/ them. dixie does have spacer kits for changing engine brands.:thumbsup: