Gator blades

Striper

Threads
I have an exmark Viking 48" hydrostatic and am thinking about getting gator blades. Has anybody had any success with the blades for the Viking?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions or information

TaskForceLawnCare

Threads
Most guys go on and on about gator blades. I run Dixie choppers and only run them in the fall when the leaves are just starting to fall. Personally I prefer high lift 80% of the season. Gator blades will do what they advertise and mulch the heck out of the grass but they don't discharge as hard and on our Scag walk behinds they tend to drop clumps of mulched grass. I say have a set in the tool box but I don't use them for normal conditions.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I used gator blades and discharged for a couple years. Went back to high lift last year.

I also only run them now in the fall.

If you are cutting the grass ever week and only cutting less then a inch off the top and the grass is not wet then they work good.

They are made to toss the grass to the center of the blade so the grass gets cut about 4 times. If the grass is wet it just clumps up and throws out big grass balls.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I used gator blades and discharged for a couple years. Went back to high lift last year.

I also only run them now in the fall.

If you are cutting the grass ever week and only cutting less then a inch off the top and the grass is not wet then they work good.

They are made to toss the grass to the center of the blade so the grass gets cut about 4 times. If the grass is wet it just clumps up and throws out big grass balls.

I find it completely the opposite. I run the Gator blades year around and have no issues with them clumping dry or wet. No problems with discharge either. I ran the G3 for a couple of years and switched to the G6 this year and they do a better job than the G3 blades.

Striper

Threads
thanks for the information guys. I am going to look into them and see if they will work for me. i only have about 12 lawns and it will make it much easier in the summer when it is 90 degrees out to use mulching blades. I like to use the high lift in the spring and early summer then switch to mulching blades for the rest of the year.
thanks