Gas?

Bomba

Threads
What type of gas do you use in your mower engine?

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
With ethanol of course. Don't have without any where close.

Bomba

Threads
Interesting. I've heard so many different opinions on this. I have an Exmark, 27HP Kohler Command engine. I have not seen any exact fuel recommendations in the owners manual.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Interesting. I've heard so many different opinions on this. I have an Exmark, 27HP Kohler Command engine. I have not seen any exact fuel recommendations in the owners manual.

According to the Kohler site, they say Unleaded regular gasoline with a pump sticker octane rating of 87 or higher can be used. If you are required to use oxygenated fuel, blends containing a maximum of 10% ethanol or 15% MTBE are acceptable. Fuels with higher concentrations and methanol blends are not recommended.

BBO

Threads
No there's nothing with in twenty miles of my location. Tampa would be the closest thing to me and it would be a little closer but not much and if you've ever drove in Tampa you would know it's not worth the drive.

If you run any weed-eaters or chain saws this is for sure important. (any 2 or 4 cycle)
I would buy some extra gas cans and drive the 20 miles to get the 100% gas.
I already drive 12 miles but this is just across town.

After stopping using the 10% Ethanol gas, I have almost zero carb problems unless something sits unused for a few months.
On these forums I read where carb problems are common.

Ethanol will degrade the rubber parts making them sticky and gummy; even deteriorate fuel lines. Clog injector holes etc.

You can use the additive but I never liked the idea of adding something to correct the additive.
Locally the 100% gas comes in only one octane grade.