Gas to oil ratio

I run echo 50:1 in all my 2 cycle. My mantis and poulon pro hedge trimmer call for 40:1. Never had a problem with either of them.
 
Buy another can. Much less expensive than a new chainsaw. Put a tag on them "50:1" and "40:1". Use ethanol free gas and your favorite "2-cycle oil for air cooled engines". Pennzoil makes a good one as is Stihl HP Ultra and Echo.
 
I dealt with that for a while. I got rid of the pieces of equipment that used 40:1. From now on I plan to run Echo. Our local dealer that sells Kubota and Scag took on Echo as well. They have been great to work with so far.
 
I have the same problem, 2 40:1 and 2 50:1. My problem is I do not use enough of either to mix up 2 separate gallons. My Sthil dealer sold me some universal oil that should work with anything to 50:1, but the 40:1 trimmer does not seem to like it as well. Any suggestions? Would the 40:1 work in my Sthil chain caw and Ryobi trimmer ?
 
Back
Top