Gas or Electric

Gas or Electric

• Total voters

Kodie's Lawn Service

Threads
When it come to you lawn care equipment homeowner or landscaper what do you prefer ??? :rolleyes:

MowerMike

Threads
I use both, so I didn't vote in your poll. There are advantages and disadvantages to each, and it depends on the amount of work you need to do. For example, as a homeowner with only about 6500 square feet to mow, I can get by with a battery powered push mower, but if I had over 1/2 acre or was a commercial pro, then for sure I would use gas powered equipment. I agree with RIC that corded equipment is a hassle, and most of my electric equipment is battery powered. Still, some tools like blowers need to be gas to have sufficient power to do some tasks like moving lots of leaves. And I have a gas powered pressure washer instead of electric for the same reason.

Threads
The only electric tool I have for yard work is a hedge trimmer.

Threads
I use both, so I didn't vote in your poll. There are advantages and disadvantages to each, and it depends on the amount of work you need to do. For example, as a homeowner with only about 6500 square feet to mow, I can get by with a battery powered push mower, but if I had over 1/2 acre or was a commercial pro, then for sure I would use gas powered equipment. I agree with RIC that corded equipment is a hassle, and most of my electric equipment is battery powered. Still, some tools like blowers need to be gas to have sufficient power to do some tasks like moving lots of leaves. And I have a gas powered pressure washer instead of electric for the same reason.

But you've got to admit you love your gas-powered Echo 225's! :tongue:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
The only electric tool I have for yard work is a hedge trimmer.

Yeah same here.

I had one of those Black and Decker electric hedge trimmers, It did a good job as long as I wasn't cutting the cord in half. Which I did frequently. I finely sold the thing in a yard sale for two dollars. Cords got to be to expensive :laughing: