Export thread

Gas cans?

R

Rouillier

Can any one find a good gas can with a spout that works?

K

KennyV

Sure....
You still will never beat the Nato Jerry Gas Can 20L.... You can empty 5 gallons in seconds.
You can find them in Steal and plastic.... But you must get the military spec NATO spout that goes with your particular Jerry can... :smile:KennyV

Old Goat

Old Goat

AmericanTurf

Here in Wisconsin you must by law carry metal gas cans. State troupers can and will pull over lawn company's and do an inspection. This is another reason why I turn in no-name grass cutters into the dept. of agriculture. Lol

Ric

Ric

Neat Video and it works well.

S

SeniorCitizen

I'm sure glad I don't live next door to Mr. Nervous that stores a hundred gallons of gasoline in his garage/ shop.

Ric

Ric

I'm sure glad I don't live next door to Mr. Nervous that stores a hundred gallons of gasoline in his garage/ shop.

Dito.gif Kinda over kill isn't it. :laughing:

robert@honda

robert@honda

I've used these No-Spill cans, and they are quite nice. The larger 5-gallon version does tend to chug and "inhale/exhale" when really full...but never spills a drop

Product Features

No-Spill-Trio.jpg

Caveat: I work for Honda, who sells the No-Spill cans...

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

This is what I use for 4-cycle gas (the 5-gal. can) and 2-cycle gas (the small can).
gas cans.jpg

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Here is a gas can that can hold 14 gallons! :thumbsup::thumbsup: Scepter 6792 Flo N' Go DuraMax 14-Gallon Gas Can w/ Fuel Siphon
big gas can.jpg

Ric

Ric

The prices on gas cans are ridiculous. The last good cans I used was the ones mentioned in the video and they were the GOTT.

S

slumlord

My favorite gas can is what Cen Pe Co Diesel fuel additive comes in. It has two pour handles and the spout stores upside down in a hollowed out place in the side handle. It only takes a half minute to get the handle ready for pouring. The best thing is that the can has no parts that protrude from it while you are hauling it around. It should last forever.
I am getting quite a collection of 2-5 gallon cans that fall off trucks and wish that i could find or make new pour spouts for them. If someone comes up with an idea for this,they will be a hero.
The old cans had a long enough spout that you could pour gas in a sheltered fuel fill door,like is on a Bobcat skid loader. I wonder how much gas is getting spilled out of the new cans for reasons like this alone??? Yes.I know,get a funnel,but these get lost out at the jobsite...

jekjr

jekjr

I've used these No-Spill cans, and they are quite nice. The larger 5-gallon version does tend to chug and "inhale/exhale" when really full...but never spills a drop

Product Features

No-Spill-Trio.jpg

I bought ne of those a few weeks ago and I like it.

jekjr

jekjr

Here in Wisconsin you must by law carry metal gas cans. State troupers can and will pull over lawn company's and do an inspection. This is another reason why I turn in no-name grass cutters into the dept. of agriculture. Lol

That is one more reason I am glad I don' live up there. If they took some of those stupid laws off the books they would not have to hire so many people to harass people and make the money to hire them. More laws mean more people to enforce those laws which means it takes more laws to fine people to get funds to hire somebody to enforce them......

AmericanTurf

So it's safe to say Obama sucks. Haha!!

midnite rider

midnite rider

According to the United States Enviromental Protection agency:
Amount of oil spilled by the Exxon Valdez: 10.8 million gallons
Amount of gas spilled annually refilling gas mowers: 17 million gallons

:frown:

okiepc

okiepc

According to ME, I don't care what the EPA says, I have never had them watch me fuel up my mower, so they know HOW? :thumbdown:

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

According to ME, I don't care what the EPA says, I have never had them watch me fuel up my mower, so they know HOW? :thumbdown:

Yeah that's a good question! :confused:

AmericanTurf

Yeah I "believe" that one.

K

KennyV

The EPA was formed around 1970... If it had not been, we would not be able to see through the air today... plus we would not be breathing it today, I recon not many of those griping about EPA regs were not around in the late 60's early 70's when smog alerts were a daily event in larger cities...
I have No idea how much fuel is spilled refueling mowers, but I have seen a Lot spilled just watching the few people I have, carelessly over fill small engine tanks, un-burned hydrocarbons vaporize into the air. If folks were to be just a bit more responsible we would not need hundreds of regulations controlling how we handle our daily lives. Fortunately for all of us, someone noticed that we are not too careful with things that gradually change our environment. They spotted that clear back in the early seventies... and we've made it over 40 years farther down the road, still being able to see through the air & mostly able to breath it.
I myself don't care for all the regulation & compliance required, but I'm sure glad someone saw the need back then....
:smile:KennyV

Bob E

Bob E

They must believe everybody is using those leaky "spill proof" cans.

Bomba

Bomba

Product Features

No-Spill-Trio.jpg

I have these and I love them! Wish I had bought them sooner, I wasted a lot of money on other brands that cost just as much. Do they make a diesel can?

robert@honda

robert@honda

Do they make a diesel can?

Yes, they have a 5-gallon diesel can (yellow) #1457; look here:

[url]http://www.nospill.com/Products.html[/URL]

111133.jpg

metz12

metz12

Yes, they have a 5-gallon diesel can (yellow) #1457; look here:

[url]http://www.nospill.com/Products.html[/URL]

View attachment 12459

when they get near empty, do you have to tip the thing over and upside down to get the rest of the gas out?

robert@honda

robert@honda

when they get near empty, do you have to tip the thing over and upside down to get the rest of the gas out?

Not sure...when it gets that close to near empty, I just refill it. Never tried to totally drain it completely empty.

I guess you could just remove the nozzle/cap and pour out any remaining fuel.

metz12

metz12

Not sure...when it gets that close to near empty, I just refill it. Never tried to totally drain it completely empty.

I guess you could just remove the nozzle/cap and pour out any remaining fuel.

your're right. but then you have to get a funnel and stuff. alot of the new gas cans you have to tip way over. i broke my 5 gallon so its just a regular can but is non spill also. my 2 stroke can is a 1 gallon where you slide the sleeve back and it pours out the end. its one of the better ones that i have used

midnite rider

midnite rider

The EPA was formed around 1970... If it had not been, we would not be able to see through the air today... plus we would not be breathing it today, I recon not many of those griping about EPA regs were not around in the late 60's early 70's when smog alerts were a daily event in larger cities...
I have No idea how much fuel is spilled refueling mowers, but I have seen a Lot spilled just watching the few people I have, carelessly over fill small engine tanks, un-burned hydrocarbons vaporize into the air. If folks were to be just a bit more responsible we would not need hundreds of regulations controlling how we handle our daily lives. Fortunately for all of us, someone noticed that we are not too careful with things that gradually change our environment. They spotted that clear back in the early seventies... and we've made it over 40 years farther down the road, still being able to see through the air & mostly able to breath it.
I myself don't care for all the regulation & compliance required, but I'm sure glad someone saw the need back then....

I am against government encroaching in our lives as much as most, but thank goodness we have some control to help keep our enviroment healthy for us and our future offspring. The picture below shows what the effects are in countries such as China where they have no controls on your neighbor polluting your enviroment and let the people suffer with unhealthy conditions to live with.

Children-wear-masks-as-a--008.jpg

wjjones

wjjones

Can any one find a good gas can with a spout that works?

This is what I bought, and it works perfect with those stupid vent free spouts plus it closes tight to keep fuel, and vapors in.

Bailey's - 6" Flexible Spout Extension for No-Spill Gas Cans

J

jeffery9076

nice video thanks. I fuel up on my cart if I need to or at a gas station. I have seen a lot of mowers for sell that have caught fire because of fuel spillage. My new scag has 2 tanks so I just fill up and I'm good for the day. But this will work for my push mower and weed wacker

P

plumtree

I agree the EPA is a necessary evil.

cpurvis

cpurvis

Where is the evidence that LESS fuel is spilled with these Govt-mandated gas cans and spouts? I've spilled more gas with them than I ever did with a plain old gas can.

B

bertsmobile1

I agree the EPA is a necessary evil.

WAS a necessary evil.

When first set it like a lot of both government & private organizations with a clear purpose they did good work.
Then the bureaucrats & megalomaniacs see a department / group with a big budget ripe for the picking to fulfil their perverse ideals and massage their over inflated egos.
After the initial job is nigh on done the afore mentioned then need to justify their kingdoms so they go into mission creep & get new legislation introduced for them to enforce FBI is a perfect example or set them up as "the" authority while having almost no one with any expertise to justify this position like Greenpeace or find a million tiny things that make no difference what so ever to justify their budgets like the EPA.

The latter are the real criminals and put out figures that are misleading but can not be proven wrong like those fuel spills numbers
How many people in the USA use mowers ?
How much does each person spill ?
Has to be a guess.
I have been fixing mowers for 5 years and would be lucky to have spilt a pint of fuel ( cause it is too expensive down here to waste )
However a single jet engine dumps somewhere between 50 & 300 gallons of jet A1 unburned strait into the air each & every time it takes off.
Even worse is small spills into soil do NO ENVIRONMENTAL HARM as naturally occurring bacteria in the soils will break them down .
Large amounts like the Exxon Valdeze overwhelms the natural bacteria and becomes pollution, so the comparison is just plain WRONG.
What the EPA deliberately ignores is fuels are NATURAL PRODUCTS and what is made by nature can be unmade by nature.
What they should be looking at are large spills and stuff that does not break down like plastics.
Then of course they should be doing unbiased research into agricultural chemicals on things like moths, bees, & butterflys not just people.
But it is easier to justify ever increasing funding from congress ( in your case ) if you can sprout "we passed xxxxxx regulations in the previous year and have yyyyy regulations under review for the coming year. ( the larger xxx & yyyy the better ) Then the bigger criminals, called accountants can crunch the numbers & decide the EPA is good value.

Boobala

Boobala

cpurvis

cpurvis

Except it isn't "approved" to carry gasoline. If some enviro-nut sees you filling one at the gas station and calls the 'proper authorities', you might get a visit from one of the EPA Green-shirt teams in the middle of the night.

At the very least, you can expect a bunch of bicycle-riding, pinwheel beanie-wearing, boss-of-you wannabes riding a circular parade in front of your house, protesting YOUR destruction of the environment while they leave a trail of trash and filth behind them rivaling an untarped garbage scow.

Boobala

Boobala

Except it isn't "approved" to carry gasoline. If some enviro-nut sees you filling one at the gas station and calls the 'proper authorities', you might get a visit from one of the EPA Green-shirt teams in the middle of the night.

At the very least, you can expect a bunch of bicycle-riding, pinwheel beanie-wearing, boss-of-you wannabes riding a circular parade in front of your house, protesting YOUR destruction of the environment while they leave a trail of trash and filth behind them rivaling an untarped garbage scow.

Some Red or Yellow paint, and some photo-shopped stickers should take care of that... use UR imagination, soldiers (ours & theirs) always switched uniforms for deceit ! .. :thumbsup:

T

threegun

In order

T

threegun

to post

T

threegun

what

T

threegun

i wanted to post

T

threegun

I needed 5 posts

T

threegun

What I wanted to post:

Buy almost any cheap can and replace the government spout with one of these.

https://www.amazon.com/Hi-Flo-Gas-Can-Spout-Kit/dp/B00DGVRXD2

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0149L17F...&pd_rd_r=8c312061-ad3d-11e8-ab28-01ad97aa66bb

If they won't ship the gas spouts to your state, order this.
https://www.amazon.com/Replacement-..._rd_t=40701&psc=1&refRID=A8V6WS2D7KD7RPGC8JK4

S

steha1

I know they sell the nozzle/vent kits at Rural King if you're lucky enough to have one nearby.

L

Lalett

You can find offer options at any gardening store, but I also prefer to order online. I ran out of fuel for my fire pit, I use gas as a heat source on my patio. Usually my husband does this, but he went on a business trip for a month and a half, so I have to deal with it by my own. I found great site, where there is a lot of information about gas fire pits and propane. It seems to me that propane is more economical, or am I wrong? Can I just change the fuel for the fire? I will be glad to any advice. Thanks.

Boobala

Boobala

THIS is the very same thing I posted awhile back, ( post # 34 .. this thread ) which link is now INOP., VERY expensive, BUT if you want convenience & SAFETY, this may be a good choice..

https://www.google.com/search?clien....58.58.1......1....1..gws-wiz-img.WAwqM94jBJ4

B

bertsmobile1

Well there we have it.
A fuel can designed by a bunch of experts who have never used a fuel can
A triangular end means they will not pack into the back of your truck / trailer without a special rack to hold it in place.
A seal that relies upon a gasket of some sort in a rotating housing at the BOTTOM of the tank so when it starts to leak, it will leak the entire contents into you boot , nice.
Being bottom discharge you will never get a build up of water cause it will go into your equipments fuel tank without you seeing it, along with all of thrash that sinks to the bottom.
So the actual container is tough, but what about the release trigger ?

And again a totally unnecessary over complicated device that is both expensive and has very little benefit.

I get flabbergasted about the efforts to reduce unburned fuel being released into the atmosphere.
Go to a park near an airport and feel the grass, it is greasy
Why?
Because each jet that takes off tosses hundreds of gallons of unburned fuel right out the back.
At most city airports that is thousands of gallons a day , each & every day , yet we are worried about a few drips form a fuel can.
Almost as silly as the new fuel lines to prevent the 0.0001% of fuel that leaks through the old fuel lines.
That works out about 1 drop per year.
If there is some one who paints their finger / toe nails, that is equivalent to around 3,000,0000 chain saws, every time the nails get a fresh coat.

C

cruzenmike

I have a 2.5 gallon Craftsman gas can that I absolutely love. It was clearly made before regulations began dictating how the gas cans had to be manufactured. I purchased two new gas cans when I got my generator last year and the absolutely SUCK!!! I mean, its almost impossible to even pour them off into other containers. I literally spill gasoline all over the place trying to use them. I like the jerrycan idea; I might have to order some.

B

bertsmobile1

Yes,
Don't start me on spouts that do not pour cleanly but dribble down their underside no matter what you pour or how fast / slow you pour it.
And yes I use WWII steel Jerry cans.
Apparently the technology from 1942 for making non drip / drizzle spouts was lost during the victory celelbrations.

I'm hanging onto my old Blitz* cans long as I can. They work fine.

Attachments

Boobala

Boobala

I'm hanging onto my old Blitz* cans long as I can. They work fine.

DITTO ! I sometimes find theses "more gooder" gas cans, at yard sales and flea-markets at a decent price .. :thumbsup:

jekjr

jekjr

Product Features

No-Spill-Trio.jpg

I like those as well. Have used them with great success.

jekjr

jekjr

I have gone to 58 Volt battery handheld equipment to get away from needing a gas can as much as possible also.

jekjr

jekjr

Two more reasons I am surely glad I don't live in Wisconsin.

Steel cans required and people that have to turn the competition into the law to compete.

B

bertsmobile1

Steel cans are a good idea.
Trailers overturn , catch fire or gas cans just plain bounce around & split.
The plastic can makers do all sorts of things to show how strong their cans are,'
A mob down here regularly use a few to hold up a ramp then drive heavy things over it to show the can will not break.
But toss one out the back at 60mph and it splits like an egg when it hits the tar.

S

SeniorCitizen

Plastic Sta-Bil leak just setting on a wooden sawhorse.

Strange smell in the garage like old stale gas. Bout never found the culprit. In the area of the strongest smell I finally saw the soaked wood of the sawhorse. I seriously suspect that'll never happen again.:laughing:

SeniorCitizen- I hear that.

I'll stick to my vintage Blitz* cans. Just for rez use only.

attachment.php

Attachments