Gas Cans and Spouts

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Be sure to let us know what you think and thanks for posting where you found them. I may get a few myself(I've got one spout I like and have to move it from my gas cans I use for my ZTR, gas trimmer, chainsaw because of the lame new-fangled spouts on the newer ones). Sure am glad I don't live in one of those states where I would be a criminal for using one.......oh, sorry officer I really thought that I had water in that can.....not gasoline:0)

Well Finally got to try the EZ pour spouts today and NO LEAKS. How long they are going to last is another thing, guess time will tell. The EZ Pour does just like the name says, dispenses gas with out a problem as long as you use the vent that comes with the kit there great and the fuel ends up in tank not on you or the ground. That alone makes them better than anything else I've tried. :thumbsup:

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well Finally got to try the EZ pour spouts today and NO LEAKS. How long they are going to last is another thing, guess time will tell. The EZ Pour does just like the name says, dispenses gas with out a problem as long as you use the vent that comes with the kit there great and the fuel ends up in tank not on you or the ground. That alone makes them better than anything else I've tried. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the review....I'll be swinging by the local TSC this weekend:0)

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thanks for the review....I'll be swinging by the local TSC this weekend:0)

Takes a half inch drill bit for the vent, gotta be vented :thumbsup:

DonCT

Threads
I tend to think part of the problem is people trying to outsmart the safety feature.

I got two gas cans at Autozone about 14 or so years ago. Both have the self-sealing "push-in" type spout. I put the spout on the gas filler, place the tab of the nozzle on the outer rim of the filler and push. Voila! Gas flows into the mower. When I pull the spout away from the filler tube, gas stops flowing. Never spilled a drop.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I tend to think part of the problem is people trying to outsmart the safety feature.

I got two gas cans at Autozone about 14 or so years ago. Both have the self-sealing "push-in" type spout. I put the spout on the gas filler, place the tab of the nozzle on the outer rim of the filler and push. Voila! Gas flows into the mower. When I pull the spout away from the filler tube, gas stops flowing. Never spilled a drop.

The problem is not that I'm trying to outsmart the safety features, I just don't want to waste the time messing around with them. The nice thing about the EZ pour spouts is the fact there are NO safety features, just bend the nozzle and pour the gas, No leaks, no spilled gas

timlinden

Threads
I have used one of these all year with excellent results.

Ironic because I was googling to find a picture of one and found it on a recall site saying it can leak gas. I saw them while buying a mower and think it'll be easier than the current one I have. Maybe I'm doing it wrong but the way the handle and spot is angled I can't see how much gas I've put in so I can't stop it before it over flows.

farris35

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ok here is your solution. Buy a tubless tire valve stem, remove the innards of the valve stem. Drill a 1/2 inch hole where they use to put the vent. Using picture haning wire, pull the valve stem though the hole. I hot glued a ribbon from a baloon to the valve cap and tied it to the can.

Wash out you can to remove any plastic that might have got inside when you drilled the hole.

Fill it up, and now you can pour it out about 5 time faster than you could have before the modification.

Attachments

• 20130921_164814.jpg
    20130921_164814.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 36

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Ok here is your solution. Buy a tubless tire valve stem, remove the innards of the valve stem. Drill a 1/2 inch hole where they use to put the vent. Using picture haning wire, pull the valve stem though the hole. I hot glued a ribbon from a baloon to the valve cap and tied it to the can.

Wash out you can to remove any plastic that might have got inside when you drilled the hole.

Fill it up, and now you can pour it out about 5 time faster than you could have before the modification.

Yeah been there, done that. Unlike the equipment we are using (trimmers, blowers, mowers etc.) the the tubeless valve stems wont stand up to the effects of ethanol gas for very long. I started using these.
003.jpg002.jpg