GAH! Mower down... :-(

nathanh

Forum Newbie
Threads
So, I got a new mower, just like my older one they are both Johnson riding lawnmowers with hydrolic transmissions bought the new one cause of the chassis and tranny, but the engine on it is dying. I've been mowing with it till the engine dies, but for some reason, when i would pull the deck engagement switch for the blades, it would blow the 15amp fuse running off the battery. It only happened every once in a great while and i had another mower for parts so I just hard wired the fuse so it couldn't blow. Not a big deal, worked great for a long time... But unfortunately not anymore.

I pulled the switch to mow and was going fine, then I hit some tall grass and something jammed my blades and the lawnmower died, then the key wouldn't work to start it. but if I left the key in the ON position and bridged the silinoid it would run no problem but the switch didn't work for the deck at all so i figured i blew a relay, so i just rolled up to the old mower, swapped out the relay and sure enough the key started it no problem, but the second i pulled the deck switch the relay blew again... what the hell did i do???

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I would say you have a short in the wiring possibly the clutch itself.

benski

Threads
+1 on clutch issues..:frown::eek: Take a very careful look at all the wiring that controls your clutch. No frays or breaks, chafing, clean tight connections, the usual stuff!:confused2: