FYI Toro tractors

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
For those who don't me I am a Toro man. Just found out this past week that Toro will be discontinuing selling tractors at the end of the 2013 model year. Have not been told a reason why. To me it is a love/hate decision. Toro always manufactured a quality tractor until they had MTD started making them, that's when I saw the quality go down hill. Just thought I'd let you know if you see someone interested in a Toro. We are going to stock up, by ordering a extra units (if we can find storage space) as we think it is still worth the $$$$ for our customers. My problem is that I don't need a new unit for about 3 years, but now I need to decide if I should buy now or see where the industry is in 3 years.

Threads
For those who don't me I am a Toro man. Just found out this past week that Toro will be discontinuing selling tractors at the end of the 2013 model year. Have not been told a reason why. To me it is a love/hate decision. Toro always manufactured a quality tractor until they had MTD started making them, that's when I saw the quality go down hill. Just thought I'd let you know if you see someone interested in a Toro. We are going to stock up, by ordering a extra units (if we can find storage space) as we think it is still worth the $$$$ for our customers. My problem is that I don't need a new unit for about 3 years, but now I need to decide if I should buy now or see where the industry is in 3 years.

That is disappointing.......:frown:
I would say buy one now....and if you save up the money you can buy ANOTHER one is 3 years!! haha:laughing:

scott47429

Threads
hey Rivets is that going to be just the tractors or will it be ZTRs also

scott47429

Threads
yeah thats what i was thinking also I'm not real sure its a good business move anyway but i know if they stopped making ZTRs it would almost be suicide

Threads
yeah thats what i was thinking also I'm not real sure its a good business move anyway but i know if they stopped making ZTRs it would almost be suicide

I know! EVERYONE has Toro ZTRs (or wants one!!)!:laughing:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
As far as we were told it was just the tractors, NOT ANYTHINHG IN THE Z-TURN LINE!! Don't know if it's good or bad. As I said I have not been impressed with the quality and that might be the reason why. Just guessing.

ironhorse

Threads
As far as we were told it was just the tractors, NOT ANYTHINHG IN THE Z-TURN LINE!! Don't know if it's good or bad. As I said I have not been impressed with the quality and that might be the reason why. Just guessing.

pretty sure they are made by MTD:frown:

moodypower

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi All:
We've been told that Toro is pushing big time into Zero Turns. This is sad from our standpoint because where the snow flies, we need lawn tractors with blades in winter and decks in the summer:rolleyes: So our clients will be going to MTD or AYP made tractors. After discussing with MTD, I understand that the Cub Cadet line is where MTD is putting their push for quality.