Funniest prank you ever played on a co-worker?

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Back when I worked in Facilites for a large state office building, we had the front area off the street designated for pickup and drop off of passengers, and several more spots reserved in back for delivery and maintenance trucks. Our staff were forbidden to use the spots for our own vehicles unless it was for work purposes.

There was this IT troubleshooter guy, let's call him Jerry, who everybody liked and appreciated. However, he was prone to parking his personal truck in the wrong place. One time it was near noon, and I observed hom park out front and meet some buddies, then he locked his truck and they set off for a liquid lunch on foot. I went to my office to dig out a roll of that yellow barrier tape, that 2 inch wide stuff that sometimes reads "Caution" or "Keep Back". The roll actually said "Police Line...DO NOT CROSS"....

I used the tape to encircle his truck a dozen times, while wrapping the tape around the waist high light posts and "no parking" sign he was near. With that done, I went to summon several people to observe Jerry coming back from lunch, only to find the warning tape keeping his pickup captive. Our crew was yelling "HEY JERRY, what did you do this time....?" and the poor guy was SO upset because he had no clue as to what was going on....:laughing::laughing:

For the next two hours or so, people were calling him on his cell phone, work phone, emailing and texting him over and over asking what he did and he kept telling them "I JUST DON'T KNOW" while three guys that worked with him kept their laughter contained, I had told them what I did in case he had an emergency and needed to use his truck.

Well, I finally took pity on him and sent him a text, "Jerry, this is Bill from Facilities, I am missing about 200 feet of yellow warning tape, will you keep a lookout for it for me..."

He thought the joke was just HYSTERICAL......:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
:laughing: Good one!

Mark1

Threads
Our restrooms at work used to have a shoe shine kit in them so the "upper magnt" people would always look their best at meetings. we used a bit of the brown shoe polish and rolled out 10-15 feet of toilet paper and every foot or so dabbed a bit of polish on the paper,then rerolled it back up. you should hear the comments when someone would go in that stall!!!!!

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Our restrooms at work used to have a shoe shine kit in them so the "upper magnt" people would always look their best at meetings. we used a bit of the brown shoe polish and rolled out 10-15 feet of toilet paper and every foot or so dabbed a bit of polish on the paper,then rerolled it back up. you should hear the comments when someone would go in that stall!!!!!

:laughing::laughing::laughing: Your story made me laugh so hard I had to go to the restroom myself.....:laughing::laughing:

Mark1

Threads
One of our shop people would return from working on a project and each day before lunch he would take the "Osha approved" air nozzel and blow any dust/dirt/whatever off his clothing .
One night we filled the air hose he usually used with bicarbonate of soda.(took forever)
The next day when he blew himself off all we could see was a white cloud all around him.we laughed so hard we missed going to lunch!!!

Mark1

Threads
Another time we had a sort of newbe mechanic working with us. He needed to drill a large hole in something. When he went to get some tools we switched his electric drill into reverse. (he didn't know it was reversable) He came back and tried to drill the hole /pushing /adding cutting oil /everything he tried it wouldn't drill a hole. We finally said "hey that drill is going backward!" Told him that prior weekend the electric people were in doing some kind of electrical changes and maybe just maybe they hooked up the power wrong!! Off he went to the electrical shop! to get to the bottom of this. We of course called the shop and told them he was on his way.They came back to the shop and further confused him.
Finaly the "Boss" wondering what all the people and confusion was about, came out and told him the drill was reversable.
Everyone had a good laugh over that one.(sort of wonder how we ever got any real work done)

Mark1

Threads
Or how about our "boss" each day he would change from his home shoes into his work shoes. one night we glued his work shoes to the floor! You could see how mad he was but he wouldn't let on!!

Mark1

Threads
One of our production persons job was to shrink wrap a pallet of small empty boxes to have them shipped back to another building for refilling.The empty boxes were hard to shrink wrap and they would not stay together while being wrapped. His solution was that he found a fiberglass box and filled it with some weight to place on top of the boxes being wrapped.That would keep them in place and then take his box off, Put it on a table untill the next pallet of boxes needed wrapping. One night we hot melted that box to the table!! He wasn't a happy camper when he tried to grab it and put it on the pallet.

bigmoose

Threads
A long,long, time ago, When someone a lot younger, and working in a oil tubular plant, it was a very cold winter nite, Every one was wearing a lot of layers of clothing, and one dumb guy, ( every place has one), was bent over some pipe checking all the specks, He did not know that a much younger and not to wise, co worker, took a wire, a brown paper towel, soaked in a little bit of lacquer thinner, well, soon there were flames shooting up behind his back upwards to five feet!!! of coarse every one around was crying and laughing,,,,,,,,should have seen his eyes and face when he felt the heat on the back of his head,,, (no harm was done to the dumb guy during this dumb joke).:biggrin:

Bison

Threads
A long,long, time ago, When someone a lot younger, and working in a oil tubular plant, it was a very cold winter nite, Every one was wearing a lot of layers of clothing, and one dumb guy, ( every place has one), was bent over some pipe checking all the specks, He did not know that a much younger and not to wise, co worker, took a wire, a brown paper towel, soaked in a little bit of lacquer thinner, well, soon there were flames shooting up behind his back upwards to five feet!!! of coarse every one around was crying and laughing,,,,,,,,should have seen his eyes and face when he felt the heat on the back of his head,,, (no harm was done to the dumb guy during this dumb joke).:biggrin:
We had a dumb guy like that working for us,we called him " big moose":laughing: