Fuel valve shutoff

beg

Threads
What is the part number for the fuel shutoff valve gasket for the 10515 f series?. you know the kind with the open and close lever?: Seems to be a hard to find item. They look pretty easy to make but is there another way to modify the tank to go with a more modern trouble free shutoff valve? No turning the gasket around is not the solution or is it?

Phototone

Threads
Turning the gasket around hasn't worked for me. It's not that you can't out another in-line shut-off between the tank shut-off and the carb, you could, but it is that the old tank shut-off will still drip fuel on the deck ever-so-slowly.

beg

Threads
turning the gasket around did not work for me either they still leak I am thinking more on the line of an adaptor of some sort to bypass the old valve system completely anyone got any ideas/

Phototone

Threads
You know, the older style fuel-shut-off, as used on the Bricktop lawnboys is still available from vendors such as Tulsa Engine Warehouse (and others). You could plug the original hole with epoxy, and drill another hole for the old-style right next to it.