Fuel Fuel starved GX 345

Tjduncan

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am a widow of 5 years and have to do most of the work here.I have an old GX 345 and she has always been faithful till this last year. Had her worked on. Now when I try to crank it andI have to fully choke to crank and move her then she goes dead. There are air bubbles in fuel filter. I took tube loose on filter and blew air to tank. gas came out then I reattached and made no difference.
Brand new battery. It is now sitting in my yard so I guess I'll Have to tow her to the barn.
I depend on this mower to hook my DR leaf vacum to gather an enormous amount of leaves and tis the season.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Probably a jet or passage way getting plugged in the carburetor.
Not letting enough fuel mix with air.
And I am correct in thinking it only runs with choke on, correct?
If you happen to know what brand engine and engine model, that would be a great help.

Tjduncan

Forum Newbie
Threads
kawasaki FAMILY I.D1KAXS 5852CA

I'LL TRY TO FIND SERIAL NUMBER
Model K series
345 engine with coolant system

Last edited:

KingKen

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am a widow of 5 years and have to do most of the work here.I have an old GX 345 and she has always been faithful till this last year. Had her worked on. Now when I try to crank it andI have to fully choke to crank and move her then she goes dead. There are air bubbles in fuel filter. I took tube loose on filter and blew air to tank. gas came out then I reattached and made no difference.
Brand new battery. It is now sitting in my yard so I guess I'll Have to tow her to the barn.
I depend on this mower to hook my DR leaf vacum to gather an enormous amount of leaves and tis the season.
Not knowing all the other factors but i start with fresh fuel/gas. Check spark plug is clean. Check filter is clean pull tube from carb check supply.