Fuel Line

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
Had to replace the fuel line on a 2-stroke Ryobi hedge cutter the other day. Used some silicone line that had lying around for small model aircraft. Can anyone who works on these a lot tell me where they buy their fuel line and what kind? This is the small clear stuff that either is pushed thru the tank, or on some setups goes thru a rubber stopper.

Last edited:

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Three stroke that is a new on me. Never heard of a three stroke.

Most Ryobi engine usually use Tygon fuel lines and I buy it in 50 ft rolls.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
And if there such a thing as a three stroke I would like info on how they work.

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
Most Ryobi engine usually use Tygon fuel lines and I buy it in 50 ft rolls.
the size I used was 3/16" OD. The parts blowup shows the fuel lines only come with the tank, and there is no individual fuel line part number to get specs for. One website shows 3mm x 5mm lines which is an OD of .19685".. The ones on it are swollen so measuring them is meaningless. What size line do you find most common? The silicone line was 3/32 ID x 3/16 OD (.1875") but was a tiny bit loose although not bad. Home Depot here sells a Ryobi fuel line kit that comes with "installation tools" whatever that means. Would it be easiest to get something like this? That kits says 13/64" OD which is .203125" https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-Fuel-Line-and-Primer-Bulb-Tune-Up-Kit-AC05RYFL/307326095

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
then you are looking the .117 x .211 line. Stens 115-319 Rotary 10699.

But if you are just doing one time why not check with a local shop for the line as they usually sell by the foot.

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
opening this back up. Ryobi Hedger was working with the silicone line but it died at a half tank but would start if I removed the cap and put it back on. Noticed when replacing cap that the fuel filter was loose in the tank, and had rotted off. Bought line from the local mower shop but it was really hard to put the filter on it, and the wound spring that is supposed to hold the line tight at the filter is too loose. The package they sold me that they said was close was from Husqyarna in a plastic pouch #530069216. That is really a tad small although it works. I'd rather have one the spring holds the filter from slipping off. Is Stens 115-319 Rotary 10699 the best lasting and best fitting? The unit is a Ryobi HT26 which is same as RY39500 hedger. The pictorial shows the tank and fuel lines but does not give a separate part number for the fuel lines.

This is the style tank
1.jpg
2.jpg