fuel leak

pete g

Threads
echo model GT-220R. hard starting. fuel squirts out of muffler/spark arrester? all responses appreciated.

davbell22602

Lawn Addict
Threads
Sounds like you flooded it from trying to start it. I'd clean the carb and rebuild it with overhaul kit.

Terry CleanFuel

Threads
echo model GT-220R. hard starting. fuel squirts out of muffler/spark arrester? all responses appreciated.

Had it run recently? If not the float in your carb could be stuck in the down position.

MRCo.

Threads
Had it run recently? If not the float in your carb could be stuck in the down position.

No float in them. Howver, same principle- metering diaphragm is stiff from ethanol deterioration, holding needle open so fuel bypasses and floods machine out. As said before, rebuild the carb.

Terry CleanFuel

Threads
No float in them. Howver, same principle- metering diaphragm is stiff from ethanol deterioration, holding needle open so fuel bypasses and floods machine out. As said before, rebuild the carb.

Works for me! I'm far from an expert on trimmers. I heartily agree on the ethanol though. Bad mojo.

MRCo.

Threads
I'm selling a bunch of VP Racing's SEF fuel for part time users, eliminates that issue and storage problems. For day to day use I recommend Startron, quality mix and (ideally ethanol free) premium gas.

pete g

Threads
I'm selling a bunch of VP Racing's SEF fuel for part time users, eliminates that issue and storage problems. For day to day use I recommend Startron, quality mix and (ideally ethanol free) premium gas.

thanks to all who responded. I did rebuild the carb including replacing needle valve.

davbell22602

Lawn Addict
Threads
Sounds like it needs more cleaning or new carb. Maybe the carb adjustment is off too.