Fuel Leak Help Needed

Bill G

Forum Newbie
Threads
While preparing my Snow Devil snow thrower for storage, I ran the engine for a few minutes and turned off the fuel supply. Since the fuel already had stabilizer in it, I topped off the tank and put it back in the garage until I could get my mowers out of storage to make room for the snow thrower. When I came back for the snow thrower, there was a puddle of gas below the tank. It has been dripping now for almost 24 hours. The machine is about 18 months old and I have never used the fuel shut off before. I am not familiar with LCT snow engines and don't even see how to get to the tank or the back side of the fuel shut off. Any help would be appreciated.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Can you find where its leaking from? Tank, line, fuel filter, carburetor ? once we know that we might be able to help

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
As Reynoldston said, you need to find the leak. After it is repaired I strongly recommend removing all fuel from the unit before storage. Just my opinion.

Bill G

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am not familiar with an LCT engine. All areas around the carburetor, tank and shut off valve are shrouded and have no visible access. I did not want to start removing shrouds from other areas if it wasn't necessary.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I am not familiar with an LCT engine. All areas around the carburetor, tank and shut off valve are shrouded and have no visible access. I did not want to start removing shrouds from other areas if it wasn't necessary.

As a repair shop I have to take things apart to repair them and that may include something not necessary. If no one know what is leaking I really don't know a answer. I have found that shrouds do remove and reinstall easy. If you take it to a repair shop they will be removing the shrouds.