Fuel Filter Replacement At 100 Hours

Zeroturner

Threads
I've always done it, but I wonder if it's overkill?

Thoughts!

Thanks!

HarryHarley

Threads
As fuel filters go, I don't think it is over kill. Seems to be that there is more crap coming out of gas station pumps.
When my gas cans are almost empty, I look inside the can and always see particles on the bottom of the can (The red plastic ones I use)
I always make sure to clean them out before I refill them and yet the next time I look in there.... there is some crap in there.
Changing fuel filters to often is better than not enough. And, as you probably know, lots of threads are fuel related...

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
All filters are cheap not over kill at all.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Every 100 hours for me.

I use the glass ones and just change the insert.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I've always done it, but I wonder if it's overkill?

Thoughts!

Thanks!

Replacing fuel filters, oil filters, air filters often is never overkill no matter what they cost. It's always cheaper to replace them than an engine.

Zeroturner

Threads
Thanks everyone for your input!

Fortunately, I ALWAYS change filters when the manual says too, but I often wondered if it was overkill.

Now, I know better!!

Lawn Addict
Threads
As fuel filters go, I don't think it is over kill. Seems to be that there is more crap coming out of gas station pumps.
When my gas cans are almost empty, I look inside the can and always see particles on the bottom of the can (The red plastic ones I use)
I always make sure to clean them out before I refill them and yet the next time I look in there.... there is some crap in there.
Changing fuel filters to often is better than not enough. And, as you probably know, lots of threads are fuel related...

I am seeing the same particles in my red plastic gas cans too.. It's the P4 Gas we get these days, even tho I only use 100% gas..

Blaine B.

Threads
Here's a good question - Why do the Toro lawn mowers have air filters, but no fuel filters, but the Toro single stage snow blowers have no air filters, but they have fuel filters?

Two-stage snow throwers from Troy Bilt and Ariens also do not have air filters (no dust in the snow) but they also do not have fuel filters, either.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Here's a good question - Why do the Toro lawn mowers have air filters, but no fuel filters, but the Toro single stage snow blowers have no air filters, but they have fuel filters?

Two-stage snow throwers from Troy Bilt and Ariens also do not have air filters (no dust in the snow) but they also do not have fuel filters, either.

Since when doesn't Toro mowers have fuel Filters? All mine do..