Fuel cutoff switch?

Mikel1

Threads
I fail to see how the fuel solenoid could cause this problem at all. The float, float needle, and seat keep the fuel sealed off from entering when working properly.

arch252

Threads
That's what I thought but that solenoid is actually called a fuel shutoff solenoid, when the engine is turned off it allows the plunger to extend into the fuel nozzle to prevent any fuel from passing. I check and my solenoid is good but I think gunk in the seat caused that solenoid from seating properly. I cleaned it up and I'll see what happens.

Mikel1

Threads
True but the plunger is only affecting the fuel to the main jet, plunger doesn't have a 100% seal to the main jet. Fuel is still traveling thru float needle into carb(assuming bowl isn't full) just not to the main jet. People have cut the plungers off and some have bypassed them altogether.

Lawn Addict
Threads
True but the plunger is only affecting the fuel to the main jet, plunger doesn't have a 100% seal to the main jet. Fuel is still traveling thru float needle into carb(assuming bowl isn't full) just not to the main jet. People have cut the plungers off and some have bypassed them altogether.

True, & even with it working properly if something gets stuck in the needle valve off the float, gas will still enter the engine. This happened to my old craftsman 46".. That's why I also added a fuel shut off valve..