Frris is5000 beeping when key is on.

carguy

Forum Newbie
Threads
First post on LawnMowerForum.
Just purchased a used 2005 Ferris is5000 72" diesel.
Any time I turn the key on, there is a beeping until the mower starts.
Seller is no help, says he never heard that and doesn't know what it could be.

Mower starts and runs great, but the beeping is annoying, and I want to make sure I am not doing something wrong that will damage the machine.

Thanks
Joe

gregjo1948

Threads
I'm not familiar with the 5000 but, I would say it's probably a warning beeper. It might be for low coolant( if appl.)or over heating, low oil level or pressure, or ignition on -but not running. The beeper may be for any of these and is to let you know that it is working every time you prepare to run the machine. Check the owners manual. gregjo1948

AYSKOFI

Forum Newbie
Threads
First post on LawnMowerForum.
Just purchased a used 2005 Ferris is5000 72" diesel.
Any time I turn the key on, there is a beeping until the mower starts.
Seller is no help, says he never heard that and doesn't know what it could be.

Mower starts and runs great, but the beeping is annoying, and I want to make sure I am not doing something wrong that will damage the machine.

Thanks
Joe

It's late to join this thread but someone may gain in the future from my experience. On my older Ferris Pro Cut Z ISZKAV23/52, I left the key on and killed my battery one time while also adding about 20 hours on the meter.

I installed an oil pressure switch where there was a plug in the engine block. This switch has a connection for a hot wire and two other connections, one normally closed and one normally open. I added a warning beeper to the normally closed side of the pressure switch and the hour meter to the normally open side of the pressure switch.

Now, when the key is turned on the beeper will sound until the engine is running and I have oil pressure. If I lose pressure while mowing, it will also sound. My hour meter also doesn't run until the engine is running and there is oil pressure. I no longer have to worry about leaving a key on because of the warning beeper and, there's no additional hours on the clock because a key was accidentally left on. The pressure switch was installed on the right side of the 23 hp Kawasaki. The beeper was installed up under the right side control cowling. No photo available but the attachment has a picture from the parts manual for my "TANK"
View attachment 24522

Last edited: