Front and Rear Height Adjuster Arms Install / Toro mower SR-21S Model 20043

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / Front and Rear Height Adjuster Arms Install / Toro mower SR-21S Model 20043
Rivets, I read what you sent. That is why I used grease instead of the dry lube you say to use. Are you saying the manual is wrong?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I’m telling you that the grease is for the bushing in the adjuster housing. Dry lube on drive parts. Manual is correct for those who bother to read them and understand how the drives work. You think all drives are the same and them make claims based on your false assumptions.

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
I’m telling you that the grease is for the bushing in the adjuster housing. Dry lube on drive parts. Manual is correct for those who bother to read them and understand how the drives work. You think all drives are the same and them make claims based on your false assumptions.
I hope your week gets better.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
My week has been great, I hope you only post about things you actually know are correct.

W1D2C

Threads
FYI, mowed several times. - After installing/rebuilding (replaced damaged and worn parts) on front and rear axles the new height adjustors stay put and there appears to be a definite difference in the speed of the direct drive. Wow! Friction reduction and less stress on direct drive system. Like sgkent said the axle maintenance is likely missed with some folks. Will be cleaned /inspected every season and worn parts replaced. This may also explain why the right rear tire wears a lot more than the left rear tire. Will likely buy new tires also since the bolts holding the tires were severely worn. Therefore, old tires are little loose on new bolts. Thanks for feedback and all your help.

W1D2C

Threads
Thanks rivets for the feedback. It's kinda of like lube the chasssis of the car and pushing to much to blow the rubber seal. Mostly on trucks and why I do it myself.

W1D2C

Threads
My week has been great, I hope you only post about things you actually know are correct.
So much misinformation out there you are 100% correct.