freedom Z 61"

poolecw

Threads
Are these decent mowers? I've seen comments saying that the Freedom model isn't well made? I'm trying to compare it to a Toro X2000.

Thanks.

Dadams

Forum Newbie
Threads
Are these decent mowers? I've seen comments saying that the Freedom model isn't well made? I'm trying to compare it to a Toro X2000.

Thanks.

I had a Toro and went to a Scag Freedom 48. The scag is twice the mower the Toro was!

Greg McCall

Forum Newbie
Threads
I can not recommend Scag Mowers based on my recent experience.

I sent the following message to Scagg Manufacturer.

"My first and LAST Scag Tiger Cat 52 inch mower has been in the shop now all but 2 weeks since January for one problem or another. The mower is less than 2 years old. I have been back and forth to two different repair shops with the mower at least 5 or 6 times. Mower is still at the Terrell Texas dealer service shop today. I ask the dealer in Terrell for a trade in "deal" and was politely offered about $4,000 trade in Value on an $8000 mower (what I paid). That is not a deal and I understand, only the factory Manufacturer can help here. Mower has about 56 hours on the engine.
I need a mower that will run or money back".

I can very all I am posting here with months of correspondence and frustration. I have even hired a lawn service to mow my acre lot.

If You are going to buy a Scag Mower you could be the next person with my problem.
I have been discussing my problem on a Tractor forum and many are finding it hard to believe a company will not stand behind their product.

So far, the repair shop simply can not find what is wrong with the mower and the Factory reps involvement has been of no help as far as I can know.
I still don't have a mower today. Going on 5 months now !

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads

Thanks.

You do mean Toro Z-Master 2000 series....right?? IMHO, those two are an apple-to-oranges comparison(most likely based upon price, rather than build/components). I would think that the Z-Master 2000 would be more comparable to the Scag Tiger Cat in regard to similar build/components, rather than the Freedom series. When you make that comparison I believe you will find that the Toro Z-Master 2000 is a much better deal price-wise.

billymagg

Threads
You do mean Toro Z-Master 2000 series....right?? IMHO, those two are an apple-to-oranges comparison(most likely based upon price, rather than build/components). I would think that the Z-Master 2000 would be more comparable to the Scag Tiger Cat in regard to similar build/components, rather than the Freedom series. When you make that comparison I believe you will find that the Toro Z-Master 2000 is a much better deal price-wise.

Actually the 61" Scag we just purchased is a Freedom Z not a Turf Tiger as I previously stated, and so far we are very happy with it, it is powered by a 30 HP Kawasaki, and seems to have an abundance of power??? billy