Repairs Freedom 42 deck, left blade not turning; pto belt getting chewed up

denno

Forum Newbie
one issue? two?

Pretty much what the title says. It's an LT 166 bought used. Seems I replace the belts too often.

Let's guess: the timing chain? (Again)

I have been told DO NOT MESS WITH THE TIMING CHAIN, TAKE IT TO A PROFESSIONAL.

Should I simply do that? Can someone diagnose, or tell me how to diagnose? Can I mess with the timing chain?

Thanks
denno
 
Not wishing to be too blunt.......


But get rid of that flaming turd!!!!

Hell, go buy a 42 inch Poulan, and it will give you years of troublefree service for @ $1000, paint it John Deere green and stencil a 166 on it......
 
Yeah,I have replaced all off the junk on those units, but next year, a stick gets stuck in the deck, and destroys the $80 timed belt, or they hit a groundhog,
or whatever, they still blame the poor guy that put that belt on last, so I have gotten ahead of the curve and refused to work on that insane crap...

A timed belt!!!!!!!! they should have shot that engineer before he got out of jr. high school!!!!!!
 
Seriously, I tell people all of the time to sell their mowers on craigslist for 500-700, then go up to the local Poulan dealer and buy their 42" cut for $999.

They will get 4 or more years of good service, then it is time to get another!!!!!
 
Well, that wasn't too encouraging, tho' likely factual.
Gonna take up a couple more aspects in a new thread.
thanx
 
Back
Top