free murray mower

markhaupt

Threads
All right ladies and gentlemen- a little while ago i posted about receiving a free 10.5 hp bs murray lawn tractor. Since then I have came across two more murrays and frankensteining them together. Actually, I have been able to get one running with just switching out the carb. My current problem is now the tractor does drive. There seems to be alot of slack in the drive belt even when the clutch is let go. Also don't know if I guy should be able to switch gears without the clutch being engaged. I would like to replace the drive belt due to weather cracking any way but cant figure it out. I thing that the pulleys need to come off but cant figure out how to get the belt out from around the tensioner pully. any help would be great

tractor model 38624x12a
man. date 3142
engine model :289707
type 0121 01
code 9209144e

thanks
mark

RJPC

Forum Newbie
Threads
Maybe it is like my murray select briggs an stratton . If it is you have to un do the shifting linkage i did on mine and get under neath the mower to remove it. and i even had to undo the 2 bolts that holds the steering wheel under the mower just follow the colum down and you will find them.