Repairs Free Lawnboy 5253 running in 1 day

Tristan2021

Threads
Hey I am 14 and about a week ago I got a free Lawnboy 5253 lawn,owner which I was very excited about because I knew those years of lawn boy were before toro and they were still the good old 2-stroke or 2 smoker and if would not run. I mixed 32:1 gas and I got the 91 octane gas so it would burn hot to help the engine get rid of some crud in it and here is what I did.
Gas was getting to the carb-ok
Coil has a strong spark-ok
New spark plug-ok
Float operating properly-ok
Jets clean and clear-ok
Needle seating properly-broke jammed into idle jet so no gas would get to cylinder
Got new jet and needle-ok
The great old 2 stroke runs again after 10+ years from sitting outside and adjusted fuel air mix and learned it out because it was running way to rich/fouled plug after every use

I will attach pictures of the beauty tomorrow all cleaned up :)

WhyZed

Threads
Hey I am 14 and about a week ago I got a free Lawnboy 5253 lawn,owner which I was very excited about because I knew those years of lawn boy were before toro and they were still the good old 2-stroke or 2 smoker and if would not run. I mixed 32:1 gas and I got the 91 octane gas so it would burn hot to help the engine get rid of some crud in it and here is what I did.
Gas was getting to the carb-ok
Coil has a strong spark-ok
New spark plug-ok
Float operating properly-ok
Jets clean and clear-ok
Needle seating properly-broke jammed into idle jet so no gas would get to cylinder
Got new jet and needle-ok
The great old 2 stroke runs again after 10+ years from sitting outside and adjusted fuel air mix and learned it out because it was running way to rich/fouled plug after every use

I will attach pictures of the beauty tomorrow all cleaned up :)

Nice work Tristan2021, and welcome aboard :thumbsup:
Don't forget to give the blade a good sharpening and balancing.
kudos for putting in the 'high test' gas. For the couple extra $$ it will pay off in the end, top end! Try hard to find ethanol free stuff, it really is that much better!