Free electricity?

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads

Fences sucking power from under HV transmission lines​

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
At that height there should have been no induced voltage in a single strand of strait wire unless those transmission lines are running over voltage
There is a reason why high voltage wires are at that particular height
And discharging a cap with a screwdriver making a direct short is so stupid it is not funny
They are renown for exploding when you do that, he should have put a resistive load across it .
In any case he got enough electricity probably to power a reasonable LED lamp for a day or so
Usually all of these "free energy" ( stolen ) from overhead power wires are BS but that one seems fairly ligit
However it is more likely micro amps than milli amps

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm just shocked that there was that much electricity in the air. Walk under powerlines and you don't feel a thing.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I'm just shocked that there was that much electricity in the air. Walk under powerlines and you don't feel a thing.
Worked around a 765KVa years ago that would stand your hair straight up.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Back in the 50's my father worked at the Sorg paper company. They had their own generators powered by diesel engines. He said you could walk into the powerhouse with a fluorescent light in your hand and would light up very bright where you were touching it.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Dairy men had complains about that mini voltage being carried to the milk cows through their feet about 50 years ago .

Lawn Addict
Threads
Dairy men had complains about that mini voltage being carried to the milk cows through their feet about 50 years ago .
Wow, I live next to a Dairy cow farm. Never knew that.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
At the voltage these high tension are carrying it surprises me there more cases electrocution and and electrical radiation health problems. We talking these lines carrying to 300kv at 50/60 hz depending the provider.

Just think the old CRT tv horizontal output voltage section was highly shielded to prevent X-rays escaping into the living rooms. Also the CRT were heavily leaded for the same reason. The only two differences were the voltage and frequency On CRT it was around a max 36kv @15.750 khz. So glad these environmental hazards nearly gone from public use.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
At a place called brookville lake it always sounds like frying eggs near the power line and most nights you get a nice purple light show. And you usually see about a hundred sea gulls on the wires pretty much anytime.