Free Dixie Chopper !

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
I worked at a Dixie Chopper dealer once, and they put Lucas oil in everything. Draining the hydro oil was messy, oil went everywhere.

mechanizm

Threads
I worked at a Dixie Chopper dealer once, and they put Lucas oil in everything. Draining the hydro oil was messy, oil went everywhere.
is the hydro oil and the engine oil from the same tank?

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
is the hydro oil and the engine oil from the same tank?
No, The drain for the hydros was just above the deck. Luckily I was the 2 cycle guy, it looked like a messy job.

The owner of Dixie must have really loved that Lucas oil, hell he probably deep fried his turkey with it.

Chevychopper

Threads
I use 10w30 in engine here in S GA... 20w40 or 20w50 for the hydros..

Dixie usually puts a oil drain tube on the right side of engine facing from rear, unless it's changed.
IMG_20221125_150517701 (1) (1).jpgIMG_20221125_150610477 (1) (1).jpg

Last edited:

mechanizm

Threads
ok, so it isn't a dry-sump like my friend said, right? holy cow I could have burned up the motor...

I ran out of 20/50 so I put about a quart of some 20/50 diesel oil in there too. then I ran out of oil for the motor so I topped it off with 5w/30. I'm not going to work the machine like this only get it running so I'll let that circulate a bit then drain and fill with 20/50 too. I did notice that this machine has the original fuel pump! I'm sure that's bad so I'll change it too. But I got it thumping so it's going to be interesting to see if everything works. It's an overkill for my small yard but what the Hell...

Chevychopper

Threads
The tank under the seat is the oil supply for the hydraulic pumps.. the engine carriers it's own oil separate ..

mechanizm

Threads
I have been asking this simple question and FINALLY got a straight answer. THANKS but i figured it out already. i wouldn't have tried to get it to fire had I known. I even watched some terrible videos on youtube that didn't answer this simple question. My lawn-guy friend told me that it was a dry sump! incredible....
The tank under the seat is the oil supply for the hydraulic pumps.. the engine carriers it's own oil separate ..

Chevychopper

Threads
Here's a site I use for parts, they're based out of Florida..
They've got excellent CAD parts diagrams, look up your serial number (should be under seat on frame) just these might help you some. Since it seems like a unfamiliar mower to you .
Click on previous catalogs to find your silver eagle

Chevychopper

Threads
They're excellent mowers, especially the early to mid/late 2000's.. commercial side in that era are built like a tank for just general mowing. I've put thousands of hrs on those when was I still mowing for a lawn care/myself business..
Silver eagle is a middle based model but still very good.
If that deck was under water, grease those spindle housings really good before engaging blades. Make sure there's no water trapped in them. And grease everything else with a zerk..

Last edited: