FR691V Sudden Power Loss Overnight

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yep..

Rondoman

Forum Newbie
Threads
Even worse problem than I thought. When the rocker arm support worked loose and let the pushrod go into orbit, the impact broke the lower end of the camshaft. I have a replacement camshaft but no place to do a partial disassembly to install it. If I can find such a place, I am guessing that both rocker arms with rods must be removed and the alignment marks on the driveshaft and camshaft matched. This is new territory, but I have had to do similar work on a car back when my hair was black and I had a lot more of it.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hang in there, you will get it sorted..

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Even worse problem than I thought. When the rocker arm support worked loose and let the pushrod go into orbit, the impact broke the lower end of the camshaft. I have a replacement camshaft but no place to do a partial disassembly to install it. If I can find such a place, I am guessing that both rocker arms with rods must be removed and the alignment marks on the driveshaft and camshaft matched. This is new territory, but I have had to do similar work on a car back when my hair was black and I had a lot more of it.
Check the head carefully
Usually when that happens the rocker mount shifts and takes out the locating pip in the head .
I now repair them by grinding the surface flat & fitting grub screw then peening the thread so if does no back out .
For the want os an extra 0,0001 oz of aluminium they could have made it a tab rather than a pip & his would not happen.

Rondoman

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have suspected that there is collateral damage such as deforming the rod supporting bowl on the rocker arm a bit. I also figured I would need to peen the threads on the bracket retaining screw. My problem is that there is no way I am going to be able to fix this without good lighting and a clean work table. All I have now is a muddy barn floor and winter coming on. I did have a pushrod destroy a piston head on another mower, definitely not a repair job for superglue and JB weld. LOL

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
I have suspected that there is collateral damage such as deforming the rod supporting bowl on the rocker arm a bit. I also figured I would need to peen the threads on the bracket retaining screw. My problem is that there is no way I am going to be able to fix this without good lighting and a clean work table. All I have now is a muddy barn floor and winter coming on. I did have a pushrod destroy a piston head on another mower, definitely not a repair job for superglue and JB weld. LOL
one of these works well, folds away taking up very little space. I have one.