Found a 35 year old toro lawnmower....

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
THAT was when they made mowers to last...... Too bad engine parts are probably NLA. Look at the chromed handlebar. That alone makes the EPA shudder LOL. Definitely looks garaged.

wantboost

Threads
Just just debating dont wanna get stuck with a project. He says it's been maintained by a shop yearly. They converted it to mulch . Ie.closed off bag and maybe did a blade mod

AutoMechanic

Threads
I’d definitely scoop that up but then again I collect stuff like that and have a mower junkyard of ones I got and didn’t need lol. If it run’s definitely. Suzuki engine is a turn off but if it’s been regularly serviced it should be fine.

wantboost

Threads
Why is the Suzuki engine a turnoff

AutoMechanic

Threads
Why is the Suzuki engine a turnoff
Because it’s not a Briggs and Stratton lol. If it’s as unreliable as their cars are then that’s a problem. I will only purchase small engine stuff with Briggs and Stratton engines. That and parts availability.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
That Suzuki engine will outlast 95% of the Briggs which were built the same year and that’s when Briggs built really good engines. The one I post earlier about is 34 years old and still going strong. Only things that were ever changed on it were oil, air filter and spark plug.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Never seen a 4 stroke Suzuki engine on a mower down here but I service 5 Toro's fitted with the Suzuki 2 stroke engine.
The only time there was a death problem was with an inherited one and because the new owner saw an oil filler assumeed it was 4 stroke & ran it on strait petrol for a full season ( about 30 weeks ) before it finally would not start
So I have that one now + a new piston waiting for winter slow down when I get the time to work on my own stuff .
FWIW the piston & rings come from a motorcycle engine.
The real bummer is the Mukini carb
Nothing wrong with it except the parts are very expensive .
I should note these are all Aussie spec so they all have air intake snorkels
clean air in the motors and they will last forever
I have 60 year old Victas in the run that are still on original bores and working perfectly

Oddjob

Threads
I have a 32 year old Toro with a 4 stroke Suzuki engine. The deck is heavy duty aluminum. Works perfectly and is a joy to use. The self propel works great and has never given me a problem. It is set up as a mulcher only. I also have a 40 year old Toro with a Tecumseh engine that has BBC. I use it for collecting clippings. Despite all the Tecumseh haters, this engine runs well, starts easily, sips gas, and has been working for a long long time with only routine maintenance. It does burn a teaspoon of oil every other use. I also have a Honda 215 with BBC. It is a great mower, but heavier than the Toros, so it is not as fun to use. I’d buy that Toro if I were you.