Forum departure

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Muhammad, is it possible for a current member of LMF to ask for removal of all their threads, posts and pictures so they can make a complete exit from the forum? I have tried to make as many positive contributions to LMF as I can but am very dismayed at the somewhat uncaring attitude a part of the membership here exhibits.

Thank you.

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Don't go because of me -- it was just a joke -- I find people here try to help and have not found people uncaring. Again, Sorry if you were offended !

Bruce

Muhammad, is it possible for a current member of LMF to ask for removal of all their threads, posts and pictures so they can make a complete exit from the forum? I have tried to make as many positive contributions to LMF as I can but am very dismayed at the somewhat uncaring attitude a part of the membership here exhibits.

Thank you.

Muhammad

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Which members or posts in particular do you find uncaring? I don't read every single post but didn't notice anything offensive as of late. I've heard some complaints about members not replying after advice is given but we're working on some ways to get people to come back and follow up on their threads. Hopefully we can persuade you to stay because you definitely make great posts and have helped a lot of people out.

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads

Thank you.

I hope you will reconsider, JDgreen.

I've enjoyed reading your posts.

Please bear in mind that in any discussion group, there will be a few inconsiderate people.

Also, when discussing things online, sometimes things can be poorly stated and therefore misinterpreted, leading to hurt feelings.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Which members or posts in particular do you find uncaring? I don't read every single post but didn't notice anything offensive as of late. I've heard some complaints about members not replying after advice is given but we're working on some ways to get people to come back and follow up on their threads. Hopefully we can persuade you to stay because you definitely make great posts and have helped a lot of people out.

Thanks for the response, it is not what members DO say, but what they DON'T SAY. It irks me there seems to be a small group of hardcore, devoted members here on LMF that keep everything interesting while the majority just sit back and never contribute. Where I live there is 2 to 3 feet of snow on the ground but I still keep contributing. The Front Porch is what I enjoy most about LMF and even if other members are in the same snowed in situation I am they can still contribute to the various discussions. Look at how much KennyV, Two-Stroke, BKBrown, etc contribute here versus what the majority of others contribute...talk about apathy. I don't mind in the least if someone disagrees with me or has different viewpoints, start posting your opinions, disagree or agree, just don't sit back and let others build LMF up while you contribute NOTHING. :frown:

Thanks for letting me have my say. SORRY if I offeneded anyone by stating my case.

Muhammad

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
I remember these exact same thoughts on TBN many years ago. As the membership grows to a certain point, it becomes frustrating that there are a lot of people who register but don't participate. But I think a lot of people are just looking for one quick answer or just register and never post.

We'll be sending e-mails to members who haven't posted yet soon, in hopes of getting them to say hello and start participating. :thumbsup:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thanks for the response, it is not what members DO say, but what they DON'T SAY. It irks me there seems to be a small group of hardcore, devoted members here on LMF that keep everything interesting while the majority just sit back and never contribute. Where I live there is 2 to 3 feet of snow on the ground but I still keep contributing. The Front Porch is what I enjoy most about LMF and even if other members are in the same snowed in situation I am they can still contribute to the various discussions. Look at how much KennyV, Two-Stroke, BKBrown, etc contribute here versus what the majority of others contribute...talk about apathy. I don't mind in the least if someone disagrees with me or has different viewpoints, start posting your opinions, disagree or agree, just don't sit back and let others build LMF up while you contribute NOTHING. :frown:

Thanks for letting me have my say. SORRY if I offended anyone by stating my case.

I think if you sit back read and think about what you stated in your posting and you check out the rest of LMF you'll find the answer you're looking for, you mentioned at least one of at least two reasons people don't contribute to this and other forums, and is the reason I pretty much stay here on the front porch.

Last edited:

Wayne195

Threads

Thanks for letting me have my say. SORRY if I offeneded anyone by stating my case.
Now that you mentioned it, I'll have to try to be here and contribute more often. Of course, it is a bit slow here right now because of the winter, but hopefully come spring we'll have more action around here.:smile:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thanks Wayne, I got a big CHARGE out of your thread on the Ariens...that is one of the most interesting concepts I have seen in a while. Thanks for posting :thumbsup:

Wayne195

Threads
Thanks Wayne, I got a big CHARGE out of your thread on the Ariens...that is one of the most interesting concepts I have seen in a while. Thanks for posting :thumbsup:
Your very welcome! I guess that's what we're here for- to charge each other up!:laughing::thumbsup: