for the safety nuts!

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
scary but true.....ive done the car pit thing before and it worked great!:biggrin:

Attachments

• safety1.jpg
    safety1.jpg
    249.8 KB · Views: 30
  • safety2.jpg
    safety2.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 32
  • safety3.jpg
    safety3.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 31
  • safety4.jpg
    safety4.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 28
  • safety5.jpg
    safety5.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 28
  • safety7.jpg
    safety7.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 25
  • safety9.jpg
    safety9.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 28

SnapperLady

Threads
I saw those pics before and had to laugh!! Remindsme of things that would be eligible for that reality show "1,000 Ways to Die!" :laughing:

I have a friend who built a sandrail (VW chassis desert racer) and ran the Baja 1000 - they made it 10 miles. When the car got back to Virginia, he and his son decided it was time to get it into the barn for storage until they could work on it again. The car wasn't running and the brakes were locked.

They towed the race car to the top of a hill in the pasture, aimed for the ramp up to the entrance of the barn. My friend got behind the wheel to steer. The car freewheeled down the hill and up the ramp (which is pretty steep). Got up into the barn and realized the car wasn't going to stop. Had to steer it into a chicken coop to stop it before it kept going through the back wall.

If it had gone through the back wall, he and the car would have been about 15 feet above the ground.

No chickens were injured during this incident.

To this day, we bemoan the fact that no one was taking video. The reason was they didn't tell ANYONE what they planned to do so none of us could stop them. We would not have consented to trying this!

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
great story!....only if people had video phones 30-40 years ago...the stuff you would see:laughing:....i grew up with people like this....always looking for short cut or new way.....surprisingly and against logic ...the stuff worked most of the time:laughing: