For sale / want ads

Chev

Threads
A for sale forum would need steadfast rules and constant supervision.

These are two things that this site does not have.

Other than that, I would like it.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
A for sale forum would need steadfast rules and constant supervision.

Yes but I think it would be a VERY popular forum... & as such it would have a Lot of regular member traffic...
allowing for a lot of reporting if it were to have problems... :smile:KennyV

mullins87

Threads
I'm all for it. Infact, I'm parting out an old Snapper LT16 right now.

valkyrie1

Threads
HI
I think it is a good idea that way you can get your junk sold or give away .
they say your junk is somebody treasure here in mi. :thumbsup:

BobbyR

Threads
I'm all for it as well. Hope it gets going real soon because I need some things!

cablesnmoore

Threads
im all for it i would help their needs to be some basic rules and a mod to keep them enforced members need to make up the list of basic rules and agree upon them before their is a buy sell wanted area also needed is a way to leave feedback for the seller/buyer for the peace of mind factor

SnapperLady

Threads
One of the risks of having a for sale section is the enormous number of people who would join the forum just to post something.

I don't think we should go there. This is a discussion list, not eBay. Most of us know how to use eBay or other for sale sites.

A "wanted" section would be useful - maybe set something up like a "swap meet" thread for looking for, swapping, buying and selling hard-to-find parts. Maybe if the thread title was "Swap Meet" instead of "for sale," that would be better?

The only thing I can think of to try and limit the "riff raff" would be to somehow avoid having the tags put it out on the Web in all the search engines. I am very low-tech but Muhammed might be able to figure out how to do that.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
A "wanted" section would be useful - maybe set something up like a "swap meet" thread for looking for, swapping, buying and selling hard-to-find parts. Maybe if the thread title was "Swap Meet" instead of "for sale," that would be better?

The "Want to Buy" Part of the forum, will get a lot of posts... & with the good considerate membership we have, I'm sure they will follow up with a got it or found it post... Likewise for a sold followup... :smile:KennyV