For sale / want ads

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
What would be a good Idea for this forum would be for members a for sale/ want ad section. This section would not allow any commercial ads. Just like the trend jeffvador is parting out a tractor or if someone needs a part. I belong to a outboard motor forum and it has this trend and it has worked out very good for me when I needed something hard to find. It just seem someone is always looking for parts or just how many old parts are laying around in someones shop. I personally didn't have a problim when jeffvador said he was parting out a tractor it's the commercial ads and spam I don't like. It just seems we try to help each out and this would be just one more way.

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
As a hobbyist -- old mowers -- I like the idea.

This thread probably belongs in "site discussion".

Black Bart

Threads
Probably would be several people interested in this.
While I would not use it I think it is a good idea.
I buy new and when they start showing signs of getting tired I sell and buy new I buy mowers to use not to work on them but I still think it would be a good idea.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
As a hobbyist -- old mowers -- I like the idea.

This thread probably belongs in "site discussion".

I really didn't know where to put it, but seeing it was about mowers I guessed General mower discussion. sorry I was wrong. not the first time and sure not the last I goofed

Zuccinni

Forum Newbie
Threads
There are two Suzuki forums I know of that does just that. The larger of the two sites has a for sale and a separate wanted thread. Seems to work fine as long as people stay on topic.
Just my two cents worth.

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
I think I'm right in saying that something like what you suggested in already in the pipeline.

fastback

Threads
I also think that this would be a good thing. Not all parts can be bought new. For example, body parts and special parts that are no long in production. I know you can get them on flee-bay, but this seems like I source that I personaly rather interact with.