For cleaning

henry

Threads
Alright, thanks for the suggestion. I happen to have plenty of car wax on hand so I will do this as soon as the weather clears up. :smile:

TedBeal

Threads
I have to say that after reading this thread I was shamed into looking at my mower and, realising how dirty it was, I went and washed it. I draw the line at waxing though. It's not worth it as it's old and I really need something newer.

briggs

Threads
i try to keep all mine clean also ..I have 3 that i use all the time ..I have one at home its a 94 sears craftsman with a 12 hp brigs 42 inch deck ..Then i have a 2001 murray select at the shop it has a 17hp twin brigs 42 inch deck and i have an older MTD lawn flite at my dads to cut his grass ...One thing i find that helps keep it clean is i have rocker guarded the cutting decks it makes clean up under there a breeze and i use the pressure washer and dish soap to wash mine a clean mower is a happy mower :thumbsup:

kelly5

Threads
I power wash mine riding mower each year and then put a couple of coats of turtle wax car wax on it. This seems to help keep down the wear and tear at least on the outside.

rhonda42

Threads
I always power wash my mower on the underside after each time I use it but usually just use a regular hose to clean the surface. I find a power washer works much best on the underside.