Foote 3264 3speed repair

silver1

Well-Known Member
I have a Sears 11 36 917.255370. The left axle came out when I tried to remove the wheel.
I will now need to open the axle up and find gear and snap ring. (Is it plastic?)
What I need to know is how to do it. Does the gear shift need to be removed first?
Any vertical parts need to be removed? The belt pulley is already off. I have the parts diagram.
Thanks
 
Thanks for info.. I have a peerless out of a Sears YTV 16. I'd put it the LT 11 36 if the brake would work.
 
Well I opened it up with no surprises. I left the brake on and the shifter. The center bolt is a 5/16, all the others are 3/8.
I have ordered the (3418J) Spirolox R retaining rings. I may use a snap ring if I know it will work. As you can see from the
picture the inside is in good shape.
LB
 
On the inside of trannies I always use OEM parts. Never want to have to take them apart again because I wanted to take a short cut. Just my opinion which most on this forum say isn't worth much.
 
Your option and mine are what keep this forum open!
I'm not always correct, but my mind is working on content not perfection.

I'm so sure the OEM part is that good. It did fail and it is copper.
LB
 
I have a Sears 11 36 917.255370. The left axle came out when I tried to remove the wheel.
I will now need to open the axle up and find gear and snap ring. (Is it plastic?)
What I need to know is how to do it. Does the gear shift need to be removed first?
Any vertical parts need to be removed? The belt pulley is already off. I have the parts diagram.
Thanks
All went well. Waiting for Sears to deliver the retaining rings.
 
Back
Top